Help with boosters/amps for P3S

Reaction score
I'm about to place this order and wanted to run it by the forum first for thoughts.
Will I need any additional parts? Are these pretty decent amps?

I've gotten good feedback on here from those in the know that I don't need to power both 2.4 ports on my DBS antenna.

Replies of experience or thoughts greatly appreciated!

54740d1a3777b986cf636e655e611989.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm about to place this order and wanted to run it by the forum first for thoughts.

I've gotten good feedback on here from those in the know that I don't need to power both 2.4 ports on my DBS antenna.

54740d1a3777b986cf636e655e611989.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can't recommend amps, because I just started using the 3w golds on my P3p.
But, I will say to spend the extra 10 bucks on the Anker battery.
I had the blue one that you have in your cart and could not stand that I could not see how charged it was. The Anker you just press the button and you can see the charge. It also is holds a much larger charge. I wish I would have known ahead of time.
I have the blue one in a box now...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can't recommend amps, because I just started using the 3w golds on my P3p.
But, I will say to spend the extra 10 bucks on the Anker battery.
I had the blue one that you have in your cart and could not stand that I could not see how charged it was. The Anker you just press the button and you can see the charge. It also is holds a much larger charge. I wish I would have known ahead of time.
I have the blue one in a box now...

Oh man I just ordered it! Lol. Wish I checked this post first.
I just searched Amazon and see a few options for Anker. Are you referring to the USB charging batteries?

I was considering installing a voltmeter inline somehow. If not, I'll just juice up the pack along with my controller battery, iPhone battery, and bird battery as party of my pre flight routine.

Oh man I just ordered it! Lol. Wish I checked this post first.
I just searched Amazon and see a few options for Anker. Are you referring to the USB charging batteries?

I was considering installing a voltmeter inline somehow. If not, I'll just juice up the pack along with my controller battery, iPhone battery, and bird battery as party of my pre flight routine.

Yes, this -Anker PowerCore+ 13400

Yes, this -Anker PowerCore+ 13400

Nice looking battery. I was hoping I was not going to have to break out my soldering iron for this project, but if I do that's okay too.
I'm inder the assumption these two output plug batteries are plug n play with sunhans.
Is this the case? Or will I have to solder on the two male plugs that came on the power adapters with the amps?

I bought all my upgrades through MaxxUav and everything is included with the amps, adapters, etc. no soldering needed. Where are you located?

Reactions: WingsThree
I bought all my upgrades through MaxxUav and everything is included with the amps, adapters, etc. no soldering needed. Where are you located?

Yea I had the DIY bug bite and well, you know how that goes.
NYC area here.

...LongDog, thats alot of money, I would recommend a well tuned antenna prior to purchasing amp/booster components, you may find
thats all you really need, seriously...
...I'll have 6-8sets avail this coming week, price 36$ per set (Tx & Rx) Priority Shipping & Spectrum Analysis DataSheets included,
specs will be as follows:
Return Loss: ≥ -32dB
VSWR: ≤ 1.05:1 (99.9% Eff)
Gain: approx 6-7dBi
Conn: RP-SMA
Type: Patch
Size: approx 69x80mm
Weight: approx 42g
...obviously this antenna will work throughout the 2400-2483Mhz band, however they are 'Most' resonate @Chl14, I'll
use USPS for shipping, once shipped I'll email details and ETA & PayPal for payment, please incl Ship To address, those
interested can use this forum or the following email address for contact: SAS (at) GasRecovery (dot) net , thanks...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
upload_2017-2-12_7-49-54-png.76040

Thanks for the reply!
I actually ended up buying the DBS as well as the three Sunhans Silver amps. Love the setup! The range is phenomenal and I am quite pleased with the results. Have been running this setup since July. I can easily to 1-2 mile out and my record was four miles away with safe return at about 20% battery. I really just turned around because of the battery and wind that day, I could have gone further with this setup. This flight was also in suburbia with quite a few wifi and power lines around.

Thanks for the reply!
I actually ended up buying the DBS as well as the three Sunhans Silver amps. Love the setup! The range is phenomenal and I am quite pleased with the results. Have been running this setup since July. I can easily to 1-2 mile out and my record was four miles away with safe return at about 20% battery. I really just turned around because of the battery and wind that day, I could have gone further with this setup. This flight was also in suburbia with quite a few wifi and power lines around.
How did you mount your sunhans and battery? Looking for ideas. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why is a Standard thread in a Adv/Pro forum? Might help the P3S owners more if located under the P3S forum.

How did you mount your sunhans and battery? Looking for ideas. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app

At lowes, I picked up some heavy duty 3M Velcro. Can hold like 10 or 16lbs. Don't recall exactly, but that stuff is strong!
It's the Velcro that is more like small hooks. If you have an ezpass, it's pretty much just like that. Clean surfaces with rubbing alcohol and you'll be well attached. Velcro allows you to move, adjust, and remove as needed.

Reactions: k9time
At lowes, I picked up some heavy duty 3M Velcro. Can hold like 10 or 16lbs. Don't recall exactly, but that stuff is strong!
It's the Velcro that is more like small hooks. If you have an ezpass, it's pretty much just like that. Clean surfaces with rubbing alcohol and you'll be well attached. Velcro allows you to move, adjust, and remove as needed.
...Velcro, Ty-Wraps, Wing-Nuts & Brackets Oh My..!
upload_2017-3-5_16-32-1.png

IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Reactions: k9time
There is a mod to build a voltmeter to plug into charging port of blue batteries. I have parts ordered now will post a pik when done. I took out top bolt and nuts of Maxx antenna bracket and drilled out holes to use a bolt and wing nut to hold amps. Clean and sturdy but I only run 1 2.4 and 1 5.8. Battery 3m velcro to back of tx. Thanks you guys for ideas.
1488785466421.jpg

There is a mod to build a voltmeter to plug into charging port of blue batteries. I have parts ordered now will post a pik when done. I took out top bolt and nuts of Maxx antenna bracket and drilled out holes to use a bolt and wing nut to hold amps. Clean and sturdy but I only run 1 2.4 and 1 5.8. Battery 3m velcro to back of tx. Thanks you guys for ideas.View attachment 77772
Mine are in the same location. I just went with velcro and one fat rubber band as a back up to apply a constant pressure.

Mine are in the same location. I just went with velcro and one fat rubber band as a back up to apply a constant pressure.
I know. I have your piks from before and pretty much copied your setup of amps, battery and birdside dipoles.. Thanks William..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl