Help Please! Vison 2+ Camera

Reaction score
My Vision 2+ Camera will not show any live video on the either my android or Iphone. The camera is controllable as far as tilit, take picture and record video from phone and the pictures and video do record to SD Card, I just cant see any live video on my phone.....

Please help ....frustrated!

Either the gray cables plugged in to the top of the gimbal are having issues or else the wifi module is overheating or having issues.
There are threads about both of these problems. Use google search with site:phantompilots.com tag.

your gimbal flex cable has a nick in it somewhere. i just had two different camera from two different clients in with the same issue.
after flex cable replacement video is back on the screen.

i would def try that and also on the Range Extender there is a reset button next to On/Off button. use a pen and press that in for 5 seconds and it will reset it and reconnect.

paulajayne said:
Before you get too involved with cables try another phone first.

It sounds like your wifi module has died, see:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20006

But note not everyone reports success after changing.

The part is rather expensive but not terribly difficult to install. If under warranty consider sending it back.
The latest version seems to have ventilation holes, it would probably be best to get that, however there is a suspicion that if installed in older versions you may struggle to get satellites, as the latest ones have revised RF shielding.

Just to back up for a moment here, here's what should be checked:
1) Check the black ribbon cable connecting the camera to the gimbal base.
Look at it carefully and see if there are any nicks or tears that can damage its conductors.
2) Check the grey cables that go from the gimbal base into the Phantom.
Make sure they are well seated and that the wires are not damaged.
You can open up the Phantom and check the other ends of the cables inside.
3) Does the picture come on initially but go out after a while? This is due to a heat issue with the wifi module.
Read the thread on that. http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28176

I have tried both Android (samsung note 3) and an Iphone 4s

Android - black screen, I can tilt cam, take stills and record video

Iphone - black spinning icon, can tilt, take stills and record video

Thanks for the help

thall17 said:
I have tried both Android (samsung note 3) and an Iphone 4s

Android - black screen, I can tilt cam, take stills and record video

Iphone - black spinning icon, can tilt, take stills and record video

Thanks for the help

I have repaired many of these now. First off, did it ever show live video and if it so did the symptoms gradually get worse? Did you start to lose range and get degraded picture quality?

If you answered yes to the above I would suspect that your wifi unit has failed. If the answer to the above questions is no I would proceed with below.

I would recommend that you make sure all your grey wire connectors are fully seated into the top of the gimbal.

I would make sure all updates are current and would double check the status of them by closing down the Vision assistant and starting the whole update process again. I had my own vision lose gimbal control on the "pushed" update and it required updating the battery to get my gimbal operating properly. I have a customer in Haiti going through this right now, his update has failed and he has lost gimbal power but it still gives him picture. I am working with him....

Please make sure that your ribbon cable is fully intact with no breaks or scratches, it is usually obvious.

Finally if still no gimbal FPV I would rebind using the app and the scan tool. I have had several quads sent to me for upgrades that no longer had video. I did the heatsink/thermal paste application and then rebound and got full FPV and functions back.

Its as if the overheating causes the bind to be corrupted. Rebind....

Anyone in Michigan that can take a look at this? I have tried all the ideas in the post and still have no FPV video

thanks

Oh, I don't have issues.... Yet. I'm sure i will eventually have one so just wanted to keep someone in mind. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing