Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help please :) Installed tarot on fc40 with problem

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by gfagien, Aug 19, 2014.

1. gfagien

Hey all i installed a tarot gimbal on my fc40 and it powers up but it seems that the motors are not getting any power, on the gimbal it is showing a solid green and blinking blue light, my friend thinks it is a bad board and its not regulating power to the motors… so i bought a new board today.

does anyone have experience with this? I'm just wondering if i wasted money buying a new board and just need to return the gimbal.

Thanks for any help!

2. njpollard

Blinking blue is normal, but solid green (according to the manual) represents over-current. Where are you taking power from?

3. gfagien

i took power from the areas between the phantom motors and the board… tired all 4 areas… didn't want to try to take it from the battery.

The power to the motors said 16 amps which is obviously way to much so I'm hoping its a bad board.. i ordered a new one, worst case the seller will exchange it for another one but if its just a board I'm hoping its a matter of hooking the new gimbal board up and going (fingers crossed)

4. CarlJ

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12421&start=10

Also please ensure that you have the latest firmware for both the control board and the motors (both need to be updated).

5. gfagien

They tried but updating the motors wouldn't work, which again lead them to believe the board was corrupt especially reading 16 volts to the motors