Help please - 3 USA Phantom pilots required.

Reaction score
Gentlemen. I am looking for a drone pilot in three different areas of the US to provide a 360 degree fly around of some commercial properties. GoPro footage will be sufficient. Must have gimbal for stable video.

New Jersey: Cherry Hill / Mt Laurel. 8 buildings.
Florida: Fort Lauderdale. 1 building.
South Carolina: Greenville. 1 building.

Please PM me for further details.
Thank you.

Pilots will be remunerated on the basis of supplying a basic edit of the 1080p video.

Not quite close enough to do the Ft. Lauderdale one but just a comment. Saying raw video "no post processing required" may take away the source of getting reimbursed for many pilots who do commercial post processing. They can't charge to take the video (fly the Phantom) per FAA guidelines so they do the flying as a "hobby" and charge instead for post processing. In this case, under what context would they accept reimbursement? Travel maybe?

Mike

mikeydaddio said:
Not quite close enough to do the Ft. Lauderdale one but just a comment. Saying raw video "no post processing required" may take away the source of getting reimbursed for many pilots who do commercial post processing. They can't charge to take the video (fly the Phantom) per FAA guidelines so they do the flying as a "hobby" and charge instead for post processing. In this case, under what context would they accept reimbursement? Travel maybe?

Mike

That's a good point Mike. At least if the pieces of the video were edited enough to cut out take off and landing, that would be enough for "editing" requirements.

I will be piecing the final product to clients specs. I just need the pieces of the puzzle.

Good point, thanks for the reply.

I am British now living in Canada and I am in the same boat. I cannot work in the USA so this is why I am looking to farm it out.

Martin.

FlyingScotsman said:
mikeydaddio said:

Mike

That's a good point Mike. At least if the pieces of the video were edited enough to cut out take off and landing, that would be enough for "editing" requirements.

I will be piecing the final product to clients specs. I just need the pieces of the puzzle.

I am British now living in Canada and I am in the same boat. I cannot work in the USA so this is why I am looking to farm it out.

Martin.

My suggestion would be to just reword the request to say something to the effect of willing to pay for post processing but request raw footage as well. That way you have both covered and you have raw footage should you need it: since post processing can compress/degrade raw footage at times.

Mike

mikeydaddio said:
FlyingScotsman said:
mikeydaddio said:

Mike

Martin.

My suggestion would be to just reword the request to say something to the effect of willing to pay for post processing but request raw footage as well. That way you have both covered and you have raw footage should you need it: since post processing can compress/degrade raw footage at times.

Mike

OK Mike, request edited.

Martin.

With all that is going on with the FAA rules, I would suggest that anyone interested in this offer work out the details in private.

Also, I do not know the original poster and certainly have nothing personal against him/her, but keep in mind this the only posts that were done from this account.

Food for thought.

ericdes said:
With all that is going on with the FAA rules, I would suggest that anyone interested in this offer work out the details in private.

Also, I do not know the original poster and certainly have nothing personal against him/her, but keep in mind this the only posts that were done from this account.

Food for thought.

Hi Eric,

Yes I completely understand that this is a delicate subject. I am communicating with a few folks in private. This is a legitimate request for some footage that cannot be obtained by using a crane or dolly. Flying a Phantom 20 feet off the ground covering the circumference of a building is not something that can be done without going airborne.

I joined the forum as it seemed a logical means by which to source other pilots in the areas required. I do not require DSLR quality as this would also be expensive. I know, I am a photographer myself.

I appreciate all that have written.

Martin :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl