Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Standard Help my decide which case to travel with!

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by kbtrade, Mar 22, 2016.

1. kbtrade

I will be traveling for the first time with my Phantom 3 next week. I will be flying a 2 hour direct flight on Southwest. I have 2 cases, a hard case and soft case backpack. (the soft case is about 4 inches shorter in length, same width and height) Both meet Southwest's carry on size limit. What would you choose and why? Thanks! dronecase.jpg

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

I would choose the bag/case that is easiest to carry. Why? Well, because you're going to be lugging it around :)

3. flpholt

which every fits best in overhead take that one

4. DroneDestination

I'd use the backpack for convenience during the vacation, but hard case for protection :/ confused

5. kbtrade

Thanks for the input. I might as well flip a coin, I keep going back and forth between the two!...lol

6. davecaplyn

I had this issue when I was flying to Thailand. I have the DJI hard case but with the limitations of what I could take carry on I bought the Manfrotto soft case so I could carry my laptop and GoPros with me. I needn't have worried in the end. I seen people carrying way more than what they were allowed. I'd always recommend a hard case as I've seen people ramming cases into the overhead storage to get cases to fit.

7. Jerry T.

The backpack would be better I think because the other case just shouts"expensive items inside" and therefore more prone to potential theft.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

8. PhantomPlanet

and that's the best reason to bring the hard case. saw this exact behavior when I traveled out of the country with mine.

9. Trackman1

If you are hiking on your vacation take the backpack. Otherwise take the hard case for better protection.