Help me achieve the highest fpv quality

Reaction score
Hey all - had a P3A for three weeks now and completely addicted to it. But, I have been less than impressed with the FPV feed quality - would love to do some low-level FPV flight but I'm not comfortable doing so with the display so choppy and pixelated. I realize there are a number of things holding me back, i.e. the 2mb/sec Lightbridge or the processing speed of my devices, which are an iPad mini 2 and Droid Turbo. Today I got a cheap VR headset for the Turbo and was a lot more comfortable, but nearly ran into a power line *in my own front yard* that I was even watching out for.

So - how should I go about getting the smoothest FPV quality? Hunch has graciously offered to hook me up with a P3P gimbal/camera which would solve the Lightbridge handicap, and eventually I'd like to do both Headplay as well as amps and large antennas. Would this get me where I'd like to be? Should I begin with the Pro gimbal/cam? I figure the Headplay would remove the slower devices from the equation altogether. I'll have to spread it out over time so would love to get the best bang for my buck from the start.

Many thanks, all!

If you want to use P3P gimbal, find a buyer for your P3A gimbal. Once you sell it off, buy a new P3P by paying about 150-175. You can install it by yourself. This will definitely give you a better feed but format will still be 720p.

Yeah, that's my plan - Hunch is kind enough to let me exchange my P3A gimbal/cam plus some cash for a P3P's. So you'd do that first? Makes enough sense to me. Yeah, I can really see the beauty of the 720p but only when the drone is close and/or hardly moving - will be fantastic to have that on the go! I know you did this as well - part of the reason I'm leaning towards it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan