HELP linking phone number just to use dji go4 app

Reaction score
I've been flying my p4p for about a month now and today the app is telling me I need to link my phone number to complete registration before it will even let me "enter device" or "go fly"
When I choose "Link"... it then tells me to enter my Mainland China phone number and/or a Verification Code.
I can't do either because 1- I live in Canada... and 2- I dont have or know where to find a verification code

You can't get into the settings, the only option they give you is to click on link .

The same happened to me after using the Flight Simulator. Wasted a trip to my "fly zone" and never did get to use it that trip. After I got back home and had Wi Fi, I logged out of my DJI account and then logged back in. (Swipe down on the screen.) That got rid of the "Link" nag screen and allowed me to fly again. That incident moved me from being frustrated with the buggy firmware to being pi$$ed off with it. I had another wasted trip this past weekend with a different firmware problem that wouldn't let me fly. Really is ridiculous trying to circumvent the problem riddled software just to spend a few minutes flying. It takes the fun and excitement right out of it.

Joe

If you have an android, you can create a hot spot for free with the FoxFi app. That way you may have been able to perform these steps in the field.
I uninstalled, cleared cache, reinstalled, put drone outside in the open, turned on drone and rc, logged in and that fixed the problem.
I didn't know you could swipe down to log out.
I too had attempted academy mode. I was inside my house while it was raining. I haven't dared to try again but would really like to try it out.

YEah, the first step in my pre-launch checklist it to fire up my cellphone hotspot and point my iPad Air 2 to it for Internet service in the field. I I like to check out the weather and TFR lists one more time before lifting off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka