Help! Both antennas broke on my remote!

Not very up on foreign currency here... but My @dji branded hardshell backpack was nearly $200 CDN. Sucks to live above the 49*. ;-$ hahaha
Was that 30 Lera, pesos, or rubles? I have no clue.
But Mucho Gracias Señor!! ;-)
Ok, never mind amigo.
I see where you are. British Sterling it is... Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Numone
Not very up on foreign currency here... but My @dji branded hardshell backpack was nearly $200 CDN. Sucks to live above the 49*. ;-$ hahaha
Was that 30 Lera, pesos, or rubles? I have no clue.
But Mucho Gracias Señor!! ;-)
Ok, never mind amigo.
I see where you are. British Sterling it is... Ha

RedHotPoker
Hahaha... Yes, it was $37 US / $49 CDN. Liked it so much I got another for £22 delivered / $29 US / $38 CDN direct from the manufacturer in China...

This happened on the same trip. First the left one broke off and then a few days later the right one ...WTF!! This was probably due to a combination of flimsy antenna connector build and DJI backpack. Yes I placed the strap underneath the antennas but I think the problem is if you don't align the antennas to fit exactly underneath the form cutout, then it forces/flexes the tips of your antennas down...if that makes sense. Which is what I think happened to one or both of my antennas.

In any case, they're both broken off just dangling. Good news is the cables are still connected and I'm able to fly (although the other day I was having erratic video transmission issues). For now I've used electric tape to mickey mouse it together. Any suggestions on the best way to fix? Glue? Tape?

After scouring the forums, it looks like the best solution is to just mod my remote so I can fly my bird 5 miles or so....Uhhh, at this point not really my thing to fly super far. Besides that, the instructions to mod out your remote look a little too involved for my tastes....cutting, drilling, pliers, tweezers, etc.

With the gazzillions of people who modded their TXs for new antennae, I would think finding a replacement set of the cast off originals would very VERY easy.

Reactions: algee650
With his mounts broken, how would the OEM antennas be replaced and or reattached to the damaged RC?

JB Weld...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: algee650
My bad poker, I didn't realize that the mounts were hosed ... He needs to befriend someone with a 3D printer then .. that would become an easy fix methinks ...

o_O

P.S. R U still flying your Parrot A.R. 2 and did you get the GPS module for it?

No, Not too cool, having them RC antenna mounts busted out like those are. I can't believe the crap misfortune that some good meaning guys here, and most every RC hobby forum, are continually confronted by. Is it truly only bad luck, getting the shorter straws? ;-)
My 'agile' Parrot AR Drone 2.0, needs a good dusting and first I have to give both battery packs a full charge. No, I never got past the basic model. Does the GPS module give it RTH function? ;-)
I should gift that foam beauty, to my eldest bright nephew...
I was so into that model, I must have ten different apps for it... Ha

RedHotPoker

No, Not too cool, having them RC antenna mounts busted out like those are. I can't believe the crap misfortune that some good meaning guys here, and most every RC hobby forum, are continually confronted by. Is it truly only bad luck, getting the shorter straws? ;-)
My 'agile' Parrot AR Drone 2.0, needs a good dusting and first I have to give both battery packs a full charge. No, I never got past the basic model. Does the GPS module give it RTH function? ;-)
I should gift that foam beauty, to my eldest bright nephew...
I was so into that model, I must have ten different apps for it... Ha

RedHotPoker
Parrot discontinued the GPS add on package but you could still buy it as an accessory for $129. And yes to RTH and there were several Freeware mission maker packages for that drone. Nice machine to move into autonomous flying at a decent price point. Man, a million mods for those machines! I think it was a perfect starter package say after people got their feet wet with the micro-quads - Hubsan H107 series. I am teaching my students to fly using the Hubsan's H107s - they really require some skill as there is little automation. Stick and rudder ops all the way.

Fly safe!

Define wet feet. Trudging into a slough to retrieve a wet soggy drone? Hahaha
My other favorite new tool is www.realflight.com/drone and is surprisingly excitement filled. I am having a blast, flying the Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D in it too. Besides the challenges are a lot of fun... Go ahead, Beat the clock. Haha
Living in this digital era of RC is Definately rewarding.

RedHotPoker

e6d92f64cd8808c610cbc9429043da28_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT