Hello from Ridderkerk in The Netherlands

Reaction score
I own a small € 20 indoor Eachine copter which mainly frightened the 2 cats a lot. One time it landed on top of one them with a crazy result. :) Anyway a lot of fun indoors but not suitable for outdoor use.

I flew a couple of times with my son's DJI Mavic Pro in the beginners mode (he won't let me do other things) and I wanted one too but the high price was a barrier for me. Luckily I noticed a special one-day discount action for the DJI P3 advanced so I bought this one. It is probably not as nice as the Mavic Pro but at half of the price ... and I don't really need a 4K camera.

Anyway, it will arive in a couple of days and I am looking forward. I live in a nice area with a lot of windmills (close to Kinderdijk) so I hope to get some great footage and probably can fly a lot together with my son thanks to our shared hobby :D

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

I own a small € 20 indoor Eachine copter which mainly frightened the 2 cats a lot. One time it landed on top of one them with a crazy result. :) Anyway a lot of fun indoors but not suitable for outdoor use.

I flew a couple of times with my son's DJI Mavic Pro in the beginners mode (he won't let me do other things) and I wanted one too but the high price was a barrier for me. Luckily I noticed a special one-day discount action for the DJI P3 advanced so I bought this one. It is probably not as nice as the Mavic Pro but at half of the price ... and I don't really need a 4K camera.

Anyway, it will arive in a couple of days and I am looking forward. I live in a nice area with a lot of windmills (close to Kinderdijk) so I hope to get some great footage and probably can fly a lot together with my son thanks to our shared hobby :D
Welcome to the forum @kangaroox

If you are interested, click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Good luck and happy flying!

upload_2017-4-16_19-11-7.png

I received the drone last thurday and made 3 flights in the beginner mode. I did not crash and I did not had rough landings. This is the result for 1 arm. Another arm has also has a litlle crack. I am very disapponted by the DJI quality. I expected a good product for all that money. I already contacted DJI through their website. Hopefully they will take action quickly.
Can somebody tell me if I can still fly this thing or is it to dangerous. It looks like the motor can rip of any moment to me.

View attachment 80608

I received the drone last thurday and made 3 flights in the beginner mode. I did not crash and I did not had rough landings. This is the result for 1 arm. Another arm has also has a litlle crack. I am very disapponted by the DJI quality. I expected a good product for all that money. I already contacted DJI through their website. Hopefully they will take action quickly.
Can somebody tell me if I can still fly this thing or is it to dangerous. It looks like the motor can rip of any moment to me.
There have been countless hundreds of posts about cracks with the P3. Many continue to fly, but if mine looked like yours I would not fly it again. Yours looks worse than most I have seen here. You could try those arm supports (strong arms) that some believe add value, but DJI will fix those cracks for you so if it were mine I would get it fixed. Unless of course it's new enough to just return it to where you bought it.

After their reaction UPS picked up the drone an d delivered it to the DJI repair centre about 7 km from here. Since then a slow motion movie looked high speed as i.e. it took them 10 days to "receive" the drone. Now finally the status has changed on may 2nd into "to be repaired in 2-3 working days".
As it is still slow motion it is already 6 days and still counting...
DJI replied on their forum that I will have a "Great Experience". Up till now it was the worst experience sofar I'm afraid.

View attachment 80608

14942794151141423039578.jpg
hi mine at this stage probly few km left but this on my fix it shelf now just to be safe and hello from NZ,,:)

View attachment 80608

And yes I be cautious about that Crack,,small not to bad but looks like integrity of structure is compromised leading to a motor ripping off followed by crash,,,,take it back and ask for exchange

And yes I be cautious about that Crack,,small not to bad but looks like integrity of structure is compromised leading to a motor ripping off followed by crash,,,,take it back and ask for exchange

I don't know if they repair the drone or I'll get a new one. I want to fly after all that waiting time so I don't really care what they do as long as it is 100% allriright. The waiting is terrible as I did spend a lot of money on something I really wanted and up till now it only costed a lot of money and tonnes of annoyance.

I don't know if they repair the drone or I'll get a new one. I want to fly after all that waiting time so I don't really care what they do as long as it is 100% allriright. The waiting is terrible as I did spend a lot of money on something I really wanted and up till now it only costed a lot of money and tonnes of annoyance.
Yes they not cheap here aswell ,,,my p3s has done more flights than me others and no signs off cracks on it yet,,,some good some not so good,,,I get new shell for spare soon,,getting cheaper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga