Hello from northern Arizona

Reaction score
I am AZ 27 - a residential air-strip about 20 mins. drive north of Prescott Arizona. Drone operators are welcome to phone me & come out here, share a cold soda, share this fantastic new technology and have fun. We have on our airstrip folks with backgrounds in both RC's and general aviation, so we are a fun, cooperative group. I am new to drones - got a "refurbished" Phantom 3 "standard" a couple of weeks ago, have operated it every day since then.

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Awesome of you to take the time to write this and welcome aviators from all levels to your strip. KUDOS to you!

I am AZ 27 - a residential air-strip about 20 mins. drive north of Prescott Arizona. Drone operators are welcome to phone me & come out here, share a cold soda, share this fantastic new technology and have fun. We have on our airstrip folks with backgrounds in both RC's and general aviation, so we are a fun, cooperative group. I am new to drones - got a "refurbished" Phantom 3 "standard" a couple of weeks ago, have operated it every day since then.
Can you put your location on a map? Thanks!

Reactions: Danoldo
Can you put your location on a map? Thanks!
.....................................................................................................................................................
AZ 27 is already "on a map" ! Its an FAA recognized airstrip.

HELP - guys - I am pretty lame with computers. Can someone in here explain to this guy how to get into and use modern computer reference sources ?

My apologies - I really am that "lame" with computers - trying to get me to explain how to do computer research would be like trying to get a monkey to explain how the flashlight he's finally figured out how to turn on........works....!

Reactions: BigAl07
.....................................................................................................................................................

HELP - guys - I am pretty lame with computers. Can someone in here explain to this guy how to get into and use modern computer reference sources ?

My apologies - I really am that "lame" with computers - trying to get me to explain how to do computer research would be like trying to get a monkey to explain how the flashlight he's finally figured out how to turn on........works....!
Argghh - sorry :)

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :) Awesome of you to take the time to write this and welcome aviators from all levels to your strip. KUDOS to you!
...........................................................................................................................................

Thank you for that delightful, friendly welcome. Unfortunately, you have a couple of "hard-cases" in here who don't appreciate my caustic sense of humor ! I look forward to sharing that, and the enjoyment of what has become an addiction for me, with other like-minded ADULTS !

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

AZ27

Big Springs Ranch Airport
Prescott, Arizona, USA
us

FAA INFORMATION EFFECTIVE 25 MAY 2017
FAA Identifier: AZ27
Lat/Long: 34-54-36.0690N / 112-32-02.6230W
34-54.601150N / 112-32.043717W
34.9100192 / -112.5340619
(estimated)
Elevation: 4421 ft. / 1347.5 m (surveyed)
Variation: 13E (1985)
From city: 22 miles N of PRESCOTT, AZ
Time zone: UTC -7 (year round; does not observe DST)
Zip code: 86334
Airport Operations
Airport use: Private use. Permission required prior to landing
Activation date: 11/1989
Control tower: no
ARTCC: ALBUQUERQUE CENTER
FSS: PRESCOTT FLIGHT SERVICE STATION
Attendance: 0900-1700
Wind indicator: yes
Segmented circle: no
Airport Communications
WX ASOS at PRC (16 nm S): PHONE 928-717-1287
Nearby radio navigation aids
VOR radial/distance VOR name Freq Var
DRKr334/12.7
DRAKE VORTAC
14E
Airport Services
Runway Information

Runway 6/24
Dimensions: 4200 x 75 ft. / 1280 x 23 m
Surface: dirt

RUNWAY 6 RUNWAY 24
Traffic pattern: left
left
Obstructions: 30 ft. pline, 600 ft. from runway
none
Airport Ownership and Management from official FAA records
Ownership: Privately-owned
Owner: PETER HARTMANN ET AL
PO BOX 148
PAULDEN, AZ 86334
Phone 928-636-7207
THERE ARE OTHER PROPERTY OWNERS AS WELL.
Airport Operational Statistics
Aircraft based on the field: 8
Single engine airplanes: 8
1dot.gif

Instrument Procedures
There are no published instrument procedures at AZ27.

Hi, Welcome!

I will be heading to Arizona in a few weeks and have shipped my Phantom there in advance! Not sure if we will have time to stop by, but I am looking forward to flying there!

Rob

Reactions: Danoldo
Hi, Welcome!

I will be heading to Arizona in a few weeks and have shipped my Phantom there in advance! Not sure if we will have time to stop by, but I am looking forward to flying there! Rob
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just out of curiosity - where is this "there" that you are shipping your drone to ?

Reason I am curious - Arizona is a pretty big state - should be TWO states - we up here in the high country are a whole different world than the southern / desert half of the state ( my ranch is in a valley surrounded by mountains - what geologists would call "steppe" country....the floor of our valley is higher than all but one of the highest mountains on the east coast...!).

We are about three hours drive north of the Phoenix area, or about five hours drive north of the Tucson area (that's when traffic is NOT at a stand-still on I-17..!). About 35 mins. north of Prescott, or about the same amount of time south of what USED to be known as U.S. Highway 66 (now I-40).

Please note - did you know that blade guards are less than 20 bucks. For some reason, someone in management elected to delete portions of another "thread" in this forum....the gory posts and photographs of what can happen if you don't have blade guards. I don't want that kind of risk to my guests, my neighbors, my pets, our native bunny wabbets, our cute little lizzards,...and ME ! So please - don't come on my property with a drone unless it has blade-guards. !

Hello,

My sister lives in Phoenix, I shipped it to her there and will ship it back at the end of the trip.

I 3D printed prop guards for free when I first started, I would not put any real confidence in them, rather fly safe according to the FAA recommendations. Yes the props can hurt you!

I have my Part 107 certification and will be researching places to fly as we head south from the Petrified Forest. Definitely will fly along the Mongollon Rim, as there are many spots with no restrictions.

We will be heading across from the Canyon through Winslow and Holbrook, then south through Payson.

Rob

Hello, ........ sister lives in Phoenix,.............prop guards for free when I first started, I would not put any real confidence.......Petrified Forest........ fly along the Mongollon Rim, as there are many spots with no restrictions....We will be heading across from the Canyon through Winslow and Holbrook, then south through Payson.Rob
......................................................................................................................................

Hope you have a safe fun trip - you will see a lot of fantastic scenery. Unfortunately, you will be way east of me - dosnt sound like it would be practical for you to come visit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl