Hello from Dayton, Ohio

That sounds good. Once you find out, post something on the Facebook page too and we will figure it out.
Nick,
Just an update. Stopped in at the Park Department office Monday and spoke with the folks directly. Great timing because they were having a council meeting that evening and 'drone' use on park property was one of the topics that they have just started thinking about. The lady promised to bring it up. Left my card and also volunteered to work with them to put together their guidelines, etc. Sounded like she was really happy with that idea. If I don't hear back by tomorrow, I'll ping them again. But at least, they are willing to talk about it!

Reactions: Mike0511
Richard, I bet that is an awesome spot to fly around. Maybe our May meetup for the flight club? Any airspace restrictions there?

Also, anyone looking for our Facebook group, it is Flight Club: Southwest Ohio. I am the admin for it. If you have trouble finding it, just let me know.

I cannot find the Facebook group

Nick,
Just an update. Stopped in at the Park Department office Monday and spoke with the folks directly. Great timing because they were having a council meeting that evening and 'drone' use on park property was one of the topics that they have just started thinking about. The lady promised to bring it up. Left my card and also volunteered to work with them to put together their guidelines, etc. Sounded like she was really happy with that idea. If I don't hear back by tomorrow, I'll ping them again. But at least, they are willing to talk about it!

Five rivers metro parks?

That is good. Glad they are willing as well. Good to hear good news about it
Just got an email back from the parks people. We're tentatively looking at 6 May from 9-12 for a fun-fly at Snyder Park in Springfield. Planning to have the staging area behind the old club house and fly out around the fairways of the now-closed golf course. Nothing in concrete yet, but pencil in the date. I'l send more info and maps when we finalize things.

Sounds like fun. I am going to have to miss it on that date. :(. My daughter's 1st communion and son's birthday, plus sports for him. Let me know if we do another one there. If you want, throw it up on the Facebook page too

Just got an email back from the parks people. We're tentatively looking at 6 May from 9-12 for a fun-fly at Snyder Park in Springfield. Planning to have the staging area behind the old club house and fly out around the fairways of the now-closed golf course. Nothing in concrete yet, but pencil in the date. I'l send more info and maps when we finalize things.

Crashed mine. Waiting on replacement parts from DJI. Need a new gimbal. Guess I'll be more careful next time. Could have done it cheaper by buying the Yaw and Flex cable but I'm not good at the small stuff so went with the new gimbal. Anyone on here do repairs on them?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl