Hello from Cumbria, England

Reaction score
Hello Forum

Technically I'm not a phantom pilot until Friday when mine is due to arrive but thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from Cumbria, England and am looking forward to getting some footage of the amazing scenery we have up here, as well as recording aerials of my spaniels when I'm out shooting etc as a bit of a different perspective.

I currently have a Syma X8C which I've been learning the basics of flight with and have a P3S due this week

Cheers
Scott

Reactions: JasonHX
Look forward to seeing that amazing landscape welcome and thanks!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome and good luck with the P3s - you are going to love it

Hi Millomite
Welcome to the forum, from Bingley West Yorks, not that far from you, have fun with your P3S, and as you say Cumbria does have no end of great landscape to go at.
Ciao Waylander

I'll second that, Cumbria is beautiful. Especially when you are on a motorbike :)

I'll second that, Cumbria is beautiful. Especially when you are on a motorbike :)

And i'll second that once more, done all the back roads to the:- Devils bridge, Hawes, Kirkstone Pass, Penrith, Kirby Stephen, Barnard Castle, and many more on my Aprilia Milli, "ey lad right grand twer".
Waylander

Reactions: JasonHX
A fellow biker :)
Love my weekends flying up to Hawes and over to Hart Side Cafe!
Great to e-meet you Waylander ;)

A fellow biker :)
Love my weekends flying up to Hawes and over to Hart Side Cafe!
Great to e-meet you Waylander ;)
Yesssss ..! been there, great bit of road up to the cafe.

Drone arrived last night. Batteries and controller are now charged, just need to connect it all up to the app tonight and register it before I set off on my first flight

Hi Millomite

Great news... are you going to do the "break the batteries in thing", or are you just going to go for the full flight time, straight out of the box....?
There is controversy over this action some for some against check this out:-
Battery break-in

PS there are other posts which say that the break in is not required, check out the forum :)
Good luck
Waylander

I'll maybe do a short flight with each battery then reading that. Hopefully away!!
Yes good idea, its like a new bike, you don't thrash the engine for the first few 100 miles, its not that you can't, it's just better if you don't, I'd maybe run em down to 40 - 50% for the first few flights, just don't thrash em, easy on the sticks, 60 -70% power max.
Look at the forum, make up your own mind :)
Waylander

Well my first flights are done. Was so easy compared to my Syma X8C. It was a dream to fly. Both batteries drained to around 40%.

Video is up in the photo/video section

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl