HELLO DAVY JONES' LOCKER!

Reaction score
Now that I've gone through a learning curve, fixed a few issues, all is cool...then...In the glare of the sun (my excuse) I touched the wrong part of the screen...and down into the ocean she went. The last thing on my screen was a black and white image of the surface of the waves.
Now what?
Buy a new one, just the craft itself, is it possible, and how much have I lost here? And should I wait for the next model? When is that?
Will I learn from this? Who knows!

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
So, now that I've gone through a learning curve, fixed a few issues, all is cool...then...In the glare of the sun (my excuse) I touched the wrong part of the screen...and down into the ocean she went. The last thing on my screen was a black and white image of the surface of the waves.
Now what?
Buy a new one, just the craft itself, is it possible, and how much have I lost here? And should I wait for the next model? When is that?
Will I learn from this? Who knows!

You lost me at "So,"

Sorry for the loss.
If you want to learn from the crash, you have to understand what happened.
What part of the screen did you touch so that it went down so fast?

There are a lot of rumors about the P5 being announced soon (October?), but there are no sources to back that up.
So if you want to resume flying soon, I'd suggest to buy a new one now. Otherwise wait a few weeks.

Reactions: K Henry
Sorry for the loss.
If you want to learn from the crash, you have to understand what happened.
What part of the screen did you touch so that it went down so fast?

There are a lot of rumors about the P5 being announced soon (October?), but there are no sources to back that up.
So if you want to resume flying soon, I'd suggest to buy a new one now. Otherwise wait a few weeks.
Hi there
Thanks for your reply!
There are rumers about Micheal Jackson too, lol. But I'll wait a little while, while I save up some money. The new one is rumered to have redundancies built in. Like 2 batteries, and more that I don't remember. Yes, maybe floating on water too. I'm still waiting for color tv to be perfected! Lol
I'm sure that "land now" feature was activated by accident...in the glare of the sun, panicking as battery was low, the remote was beeping, and I touched too many commands! Down she went...
I have the flight log, but no video.
DJI may help. Maybe a coupon for $300 towards another one....maybe.
Thanks for the reply my friend!
Keith

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT