HDR: Taking Photos With Different Exposures Is Annoying

Wow sweet, ok so I will try 5 shot AEB next time, thanks for clarifying Blade Strike! BTW gorgeous photo!

You have to use the shutter in the app and not on the controller for AEB to work.

Thanks for this! I found something interesting - the physical shutter button on the controller results in 3 shots being taken, not 5. I'll try using the on screen button tonight. It seems someone was asking about having a problem with 3 shots rather than 5. Maybe this is the answer to that question.

Thanks for the info!
Chris

Use HDR mode if you don't want to do post processing. Use AEB mode if you want to post process the HDR yourself on the computer.

You have to use the shutter in the app and not on the controller for AEB to work.
I have to question this.
I've been shooting AEB brackets of five on most of my flights and I use the shutter button on the controller. I have never used the app button on screen.
On two flights, I noticed that it reverted to single shots although it looked like it was shooting 5.
But now I shoot one on single shot and set the app to AEB and it works fine using the controller button every flight.

Reactions: jlo
I've never seen so many different answers to one question!! You'd think for the money they're charging for this thing, the could at least include a "detailed" manual with it. In my case, there was no manual at all!! I had to download it! And it goes into detail about nothing, just vague generalities.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I have to question this.
I've been shooting AEB brackets of five on most of my flights and I use the shutter button on the controller. I have never used the app button on screen.
On two flights, I noticed that it reverted to single shots although it looked like it was shooting 5.
But now I shoot one on single shot and set the app to AEB and it works fine using the controller button every flight.

What I have found that if you use the shutter button the on the tx it takes multiple shots but they are not bracketed.

I've never seen so many different answers to one question!! You'd think for the money they're charging for this thing, the could at least include a "detailed" manual with it. In my case, there was no manual at all!! I had to download it! And it goes into detail about nothing, just vague generalities.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

all the same answer you just dont understand them...

What I have found that if you use the shutter button the on the tx it takes multiple shots but they are not bracketed.
I just shot a bunch more.
Here you go Blade ... 5 shots, all different - with the EXIF data to show what's going on.
I haven't had any problems at all with bracketing, it seems to work just the way it should.
i-ZNnKmgV-XL.jpg

So bracketing mode takes different exposed images and saves them as separate jpegs as long as using app shutter button right?

What programs would you then use to combine them into a single image? Is there a one-click feature that does it automatically or does it require a fair bit of tweaking in say Photoshop?

Thanks.

So bracketing mode takes different exposed images and saves them as separate jpegs as long as using app shutter button right?

What programs would you then use to combine them into a single image? Is there a one-click feature that does it automatically or does it require a fair bit of tweaking in say Photoshop?
I've never used the on-screen button. I always use the controller shutter release without any problem.
The app has the option to do it all inside and only output one file - but that doesn't give you the ability to adjust like you can yourself.
Several program options you can use. Photoshop, Photomatix and others.
Google HDR to find out more.

You'd think for the money they're charging for this thing, the could at least include a "detailed" manual with it. In my case, there was no manual at all!! I had to download it! And it goes into detail about nothing, just vague generalities.
They charged more for the previous iterations and the documentation was even worse. So imo they're making progress.
And no one got a manual in the box.

I just shot a bunch more.
Here you go Blade ... 5 shots, all different - with the EXIF data to show what's going on.
I haven't had any problems at all with bracketing, it seems to work just the way it should.
i-ZNnKmgV-XL.jpg

Great news they finally fixed this.. Can you confirm ios or android?

I will have to test mine tonight after work.

I've never used the on-screen button. I always use the controller shutter release without any problem.
The app has the option to do it all inside and only output one file - but that doesn't give you the ability to adjust like you can yourself.
Several program options you can use. Photoshop, Photomatix and others.
Google HDR to find out more.

I fully agree and you should be shooting in raw format as well..

I then run all my raw images through dji cleaner and then load them in either PS or photo matrix .

Pretty arrogant reply to a customer. You're a support rep?!

Not an arrogant response at all, just honest. We all were giving the correct response on what HDR was and how to operate it. The only thing that I was unaware was that the shutter button can now perform the same function when I was told by the app Dev that more than likely this wasn't fixable.

So to the op, he might have been in burst mode and not AEB bracketed and this is why the photos where all the same exposure values.

Reactions: Meta4
Not an arrogant response at all, just honest. We all were giving the correct response on what HDR was and how to operate it. The only thing that I was unaware was that the shutter button can now perform the same function when I was told by the app Dev that more than likely this wasn't fixable.

So to the op, he might have been in burst mode and not AEB bracketed and this is why the photos where all the same exposure values.

Have the developers ever responded to the request to change the relative EV adjustment in AEB?

It would be great to have the option for a 3AEB at -2, 0, +2. Heck, even 3AEB at -1.3, 0, +1.3 (same as 5AEB minus the middle) would save us a lot of time over taking a 5AEB and discarding the -0.7, +0.7 files

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl