HDMI P3 FPV display research projects?

Reaction score
So now that DJI has taken orders for everyone wanting the HDMI expansion module it's time to beat a display until it is the proverbial dead horse.

1. I know there a bunch of goggles available but picking a good 720P pair and not spending a fortune may take a bit of time.

2. Personally I have a Note 4 and a Gear VR I would really like to have this combination live but don't really know where to start.

3. Some may want a transmitter to convert the HDMI signal to a 2-5 GHz wireless signal to a corresponding reciever to HDMI to display on their big screen for the whole fam damily to enjoy.

4. Record the signal.

I can take a swipe at #4 with Black Magic Intensity Shuttle HDMI recording to SSHD but will be tethered with a 10 meter HDMI cable to my desktop computer and limited to my back porch. That is as long as the HDMI signal is in the clear. Couple weeks and I will know.

Any other ideas here?

I'm curious if I could run an HDMI splitter to the Headplay goggles and maybe even a TV

2. Personally I have a Note 4 and a Gear VR I would really like to have this combination live but don't really know where to start.
Since you have a gear VR maybe you can answer that question for me, doesn't the Gear VR block you from connecting to the RC? It is my understanding that you need to connect the note 4 to the Gear VR usb port.

What I want to do is record the video. So I will get a hdmi to composite splitter and then feed to standard portable DVR to SD card. :) Should work well. Since I wear glasses the goggles just don't do it for me.

Alan

I just want to strap my phone to my face but the current Google cardboard style headset keep the screen too close for focus.

use some foam to make it further from your eyes, either the lenses futher or the phone further from the lens whichever works.
Since you have a gear VR maybe you can answer that question for me, doesn't the Gear VR block you from connecting to the RC? It is my understanding that you need to connect the note 4 to the Gear VR usb port.

So when you put the Note 4 in the Gear VR a micro USB port is on the right side and plugs in starting the Oculus app. You can hold the plug out of the way and put the Note 4 into the headset if you are running cardboard apps. I have built a special plug that will plug into the Note 4 at the same time so I can run a USB hub. I use the setup to work with the Leap Motion Controller

https://www.leapmotion.com/

That would truly be the cat's meow for controlling your drone, FPV and control using hand gestures, heck yea!

I have read that the new Gear VR for the S6 has a built-in USB hub. My next VR project is to adapt my Note 4 to work with the S6's Gear VR or just trade my Note for an S6.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl