HDMI module dead?

Reaction score
I am still trying to fix my loss of telemetry and camera, as I mentioned in a previous thread I have a gray screen and can control the motors and gimbal, but it shows disconnected at the top of the screen and all the telemetry on signal strength, batteries camera menu etc is missing. It has worked intermittently on the firmware installed so don’t think there is a conflict despite the a/c and controller being on Its 3 yr old original version and the ipad app on the latest. I have checked inside the controller for loose connections and had the HDMI module out and checked for bad soldering in the usb port and that is fine and the ribbons are inserted fully. I have green lights on everything and C1 and C2 beep when pressed which means the module is connected according to the help video. I am leaning toward a defect module as I got Weak transmission warnings before it finally just says Disconnected, my nearest DJI shop is a 2 hr drive so trying to fix it before having to drive it over for repair. Or could it be something come loose inside the drone itself?
I have tried 3 different cables and removed SD card and done several relinks but still no video, it seems the forum is full of this problem but with no simple fix.
Any of of experts any thoughts.

Last edited:
I am still trying to fix my loss of telemetry and camera, as I mentioned in a previous thread I have a gray screen and can control the motors and gimbal, but it shows disconnected at the top of the screen and all the telemetry on signal strength, batteries camera menu etc is missing. It has worked intermittently on the firmware installed so don’t think there is a conflict despite the a/c and controller being on Its 3 yr old original version and the ipad app on the latest. I have checked inside the controller for loose connections and had the HDMI module out and checked for bad soldering in the usb port and that is fine and the ribbons are inserted fully. I have green lights on everything and C1 and C2 beep when pressed which means the module is connected according to the help video. I am leaning toward a defect module as I got Weak transmission warnings before it finally just says Disconnected, my nearest DJI shop is a 2 hr drive so trying to fix it before having to drive it over for repair. Or could it be something come loose inside the drone itself?
I have tried 3 different cables and removed SD card and done several relinks but still no video, it seems the forum is full of this problem but with no simple fix.
Any of of experts any thoughts.
Yeh that's the trouble with phantoms,,although they seem the same there not 1 fix for all,which bit crazy,lots of trying different things,,,dumb question but tryed to reinstall app,but doing this will get you latest version

When I installed my hdmi module way back, I had a similar issue where I was not able to run both my device and goggles at the same time. I checked the lock tabs on the ribbons were correctly clicked down, the firmware on the controller was updated to 1.9.3 (from memory) and I had simultaneous displays selected in the app (forget the actual name of the function) and it still didn’t work. I then installed the original module and I got my display back. In the end I returned the module and it was replaced with one that worked. Turned out that there were a bunch of faulty modules doing the rounds and I naturally happened to get one. I also spent good money on a quality hdmi cable and it has worked well ever since.

Hey "tevek" is there a way I can test my HDMI module now as I haven't got googles.?

Hey "tevek" is there a way I can test my HDMI module now as I haven't got googles.?
Since the output from the module can be used for a variety of media, try plugging into a hdmi input on your smart tv and you should have an image from your drone camera when you have your AC and Tx powered up.

Reactions: Phantom2USA

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl