Having trouble Reattaching PC Board to Lower Hull

Reaction score
Cant get the four screws that attach the pc board to the lower hull started. The screws are either to short or/and the bushings are too long. It would require pushing extremely hard and stressing the pc board I fear.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Well, without more information its hard to say. If you took it apart and now putting it back in, I would suggest making sure you have the correct screws. If so, then I would look under the pc board to make sure the battery holder is not sitting proud of where its supposed to be. It shouldn't be so hard to put back. If the body was in a crash, check for warping on the frame. Best I can suggest. Good luck

Also it would be very easy to have wires around the edge of the board not clear. I just replaced my entire shell and it takes one last look at everything on and around the perimeter of the board to be sure nothing is pinched.

Reactions: Vega
Thanks. Never removed screws from the board when I loosened them. The screws are exactly the same length as the bushings, and I haven't been able to flatten the bushings enough without stressing the pc board. Maybe I'll try longer screws if i can find some small enough.

Thanks. Never removed screws from the board when I loosened them. The screws are exactly the same length as the bushings, and I haven't been able to flatten the bushings enough without stressing the pc board. Maybe I'll try longer screws if i can find some small enough.
Assuming you removed items underneath the board you might want to look at each one of those items to be sure it was re-seated fully. There is no room to spare. Regarding the term bushing, there are only white o-rings on top of the board under the screw head on mine

Assuming you removed items underneath the board you might want to look at each one of those items to be sure it was re-seated fully. There is no room to spare. Regarding the term bushing, there are only white o-rings on top of the board under the screw head on mine
ON the underside of the pc board each screw has a "rubber" bushing the length of the screw protruding under the board. This bushing needs to compress so the screw protrudes enough to engage the hole in the hull. ON mine at least. I wonder if it would be safe to not fasten the board down since flight is all upright.

ON the underside of the pc board each screw has a "rubber" bushing the length of the screw protruding under the board. This bushing needs to compress so the screw protrudes enough to engage the hole in the hull. ON mine at least. I wonder if it would be safe to not fasten the board down since flight is all upright.
No.

If it came out and you're using the same screws that you took out it should go back without any problem. Did you bag and tag your screws when you took it apart?

If what you are calling a bushing and I am calling an o-ring are the same item, my P3S was assembled with that piece on top of the board. Would that work in your case, to put the bushing on top if the board?

Its hard to explain as the white bushing extends as a washer under the screw head on top of the board around the entire length of the screw under the board. In fact I removed the black flexible sleeve over the white sleeve under the board, and still could not remove the screws from the board to put longer screws in. the white sleeve retains the screws in the board so tightly, a pair of forceps was unable to remove the screw from the board, let alone try to attach it to the lower hull. I just buttoned it up with the board loose. Since there is no camera, I'll use it for training. Again strange.

Interesting for sure. Here are 4 pics in sequence during removal of mine.
1 Mount screw white oring.jpg
2 Board with screw removed.JPG
3 Board mount location.jpg
4 Board back.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl