Hate getting grief by authority over where I fly

Re: Just lost my p2

I had one local police and two sheriffs drive by really slow when I was out flying yesterday. I was standing in my front yard. I just smiled and did the head nod thing. They pulled over about 100 yards away, stopped and then kept going.

Re: Just lost my p2 "public endangerment"

This is called "civil asset forfeiture" and it's extremely common in the US. For a complete analysis, see

http://www.ij.org/policing-for-profit-t ... rfeiture-4

Tl;dr: in almost all states, the cops can seize your property even if they aren't charging you with a crime, if they have "probable cause" and think the property might be related to a crime. For example, they might stop you for speeding, claim they can smell marijuana in your car, then confiscate your vehicle. You are assumed guilty until you prove you are innocent, which by the way will cost you a fortune in legal fees.

What happens to the stuff they confiscate? They sell it, and the proceeds fund police purchases like new equipment and fancy cars. Police departments around the country make hundreds of millions of dollars every year doing this.

Is this corrupt and morally reprehensible? Absolutely. Does it happen all the time? Absolutely.

CloudsNeverDie said:
This is called "civil asset forfeiture" and it's extremely common in the US. For a complete analysis, see

Tl;dr: in almost all states, the cops can seize your property even if they aren't charging you with a crime, if they have "probable cause" and think the property might be related to a crime. For example, they might stop you for speeding, claim they can smell marijuana in your car, then confiscate your vehicle. You are assumed guilty until you prove you are innocent, which by the way will cost you a fortune in legal fees.

What happens to the stuff they confiscate? They sell it, and the proceeds fund police purchases like new equipment and fancy cars. Police departments around the country make hundreds of millions of dollars every year doing this.

Is this corrupt and morally reprehensible? Absolutely. Does it happen all the time? Absolutely.
CloudsNeverDie said:

The federal government forfeited 1 billion dollars worth of property last year alone including cars and real property. .
sounds like business is booming. .hahaah..
I looked for a map that I have seen before showing the properties that have been forfeited in the USA recently ,but couldn't find it..it's mind blowing how much the gov is robbing it's citizens. .
I've had first hand experience. .ya ...hahahhaa. .

This looks like a troll spreading hate and discontent.

Georgia, the state in the U.S.A., really?
How about the OP let us know which community this occurred in so we can do a bit of research.

I'm willing to bet that ain't gonna happen.
I think we've got some Mad individual wasting our time. :roll:

IflyinWY said:
This looks like a troll spreading hate and discontent.

Georgia, the state in the U.S.A., really?
How about the OP let us know which community this occurred in so we can do a bit of research.

I'm willing to bet that ain't gonna happen.
I think we've got some Mad individual wasting our time. :roll:

Oh no... Not Mad Timmy again. And it was so nice and tranquil for a while too :(

The OPs first post have been updated.

"In the USA, Georgia specifically.
at about 8:00 A.M.
I was flying in large circles around a tree, when a cop came by, he asked about, seeming interested and then said "take it down kid." When I asked what I was doing wrong he ripped the remote out of my hands, crashed it into a tree, and then went over and ,put it in his car saying I wouldn't be getting it back."

Not good on USA law but in the UK - not allowed.

i'd thought they've got to give you a receipt to say they've confiscated it atleast

:roll: Maybe the tree was in front of the county courthouse! Too bad this guy isn't into details. I'd be interested to hear the "rest of the story" as Paul Harvey used to say.

If what you say is true and that's exactly how it went down then that is personal property damage and theft they just can not do that . I would get a lawyer .

Like paulajayne said he updated the OP to say what it does now . Never happened just a bunch of BS to see how far this thread would go and just who all would involve themselves in it .
It does just amaze me just how OT these do become from a very obvious baited topic title.
Shows ya true colors on your own personality when you do make remarks as seen in here .
This OP did what he set out to do and got so far 3 pages, 568 views and 30 post to pure BS
Come on folks..Don't cross this bridge !!!!

Attachments

• Come on and let me laugh at you !!.png
    Come on and let me laugh at you !!.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 296

dirkclod said:
Like paulajayne said he updated the OP to say what it does now . Never happened just a bunch of BS to see how far this thread would go and just who all would involve themselves in it .
It does just amaze me just how OT these do become from a very obvious baited topic title.
Shows ya true colors on your own personality when you do make remarks as seen in here .
This OP did what he set out to do and got so far 3 pages, 568 views and 30 post to pure BS

Maybe, although looking at the date joined (Day after Xmas) and his other posts, kinda makes me believe it's some kid who was screwing around where he shouldn't have been and got in trouble. But who knows. If the story is true I certainly would like more detail. If it's as you say then well, he sucked me in. At the end of the day it does not matter one way or the other.

Badger55 said:
dirkclod said:

Maybe, although looking at the date joined (Day after Xmas) and his other posts, kinda makes me believe it's some kid who was screwing around where he shouldn't have been and got in trouble. But who knows. If the story is true I certainly would like more detail. If it's as you say then well, he sucked me in. At the end of the day it does not matter one way or the other.
I crossed the bridge too Badger and you are right ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT