Has there been any recorded P4 flights lasting 25 minutes, dare I say 28 minutes?

Reaction score
Not trying to fuel the circle jerk but...

Most I've seen so far is 24 minutes with proof. Anyone get above 25 minutes yet on their P4? I've seen a few claims of 27 minutes (including DJI-Ken) but with no proof.

Most I've seen so far is 24 minutes with proof. Anyone get above 25 minutes yet on their P4? I've seen a few claims of 27 minutes (including DJI-Ken) but with no proof.
Nope, but 25/28 is not that bad, there s a test video comparing both p3 and p4, and p4 as about 2 minute more flight time in hover...Not a big deal but still a small improvement.

Top flight 24 min with 10% remaining and the third down was just under 25, the app rounded up, with 9% battery remaining. The third flight was distance test. I got 20,100' with no video signal loss. 3/5 bars and the RC signal was 5/5 bars.
7b137ff4d44d4c5e025c18701d348c3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am not one of those complaining about the battery life - but I really would love to see proof of someone getting a 27 minute flight out of it.

Top flight 24 min with 10% remaining and the third down was just under 25, the app rounded up, with 9% battery remaining.
Thanks for the report. You must have gone to meet it on the way back (20,100 feet out, 36,671 Total).

Thanks for the report. You must have gone to meet it on the way back (20,100 feet out, 36,671 Total).
Yes haha. It was planned. My goal was 20,000' no matter what. It also gave me a descent test on the battery. I flew the whole way in Pmode with CA on. So it was slow going. I also had 7-12 mph crosswinds coming and going. On the way back I found an easily identifiable terrain feature and landed it nearby. Took me about 10 mins to get to her. I found her no problem.

Yes haha. It was planned. My goal was 20,000' no matter what. It also gave me a descent test on the battery. I flew the whole way in Pmode with CA on. So it was slow going. I also had 7-12 mph crosswinds coming and going. On the way back I found an easily identifiable terrain feature and landed it nearby. Took me about 10 mins to get to her. I found her no problem.

Sweet!

I am not one of those complaining about the battery life - but I really would love to see proof of someone getting a 27 minute flight out of it.

Between bad weather and new baby I haven't had time to test. All my flights are pretty promising, except sport where I'm RIPPING through the country side- but still getting more time than my P3P even in sport!

I'll try to do a test tomorrow evening in the sunset with sole purpose of battery life. Thing is that I don't like going below 25% battery. I think it's pretty irresponsible to fly to 0% to prove s point, but if I can fly to 22 min full stick half p half sport so mixed modes and land at 25% I'm not sure there's a point in proving DJI was accurate by going lower? Isn't 25% = 25% or do the last quarter go really quick?

It's bad for a car to run it out of gas to the last vapors until the engine stalls and shudders abruptly.

Your flight is very encouraging to me. Thanks for posting it. I live on the Intercostal and fly 95% over water....often out a couple of miles. Question....do you dial your critical battery warning back below 10% or are you just overriding the RTH? Auto landing is just not an option for me since my P4 won't float....so even at the risk of dropping from the sky, when at or below 10%, I need to keep on flying towards a dry LZ.......so I never even fly close to the 10% level for fear that the P4 just stops and lands in the water. Does dropping CRITICAL BATTERY to below 10% keep the bird flying longer before it try's to auto land? Advance thanks for your reply and thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

image_zpsjuoxidsu.png

AdvRider

I don't believe you can override the critical battery warning. But you can override the landing. The P4 will try to land but you can continue to fly it all the way to at least 1% by giving it positive left stick to keep it in the air. It no longer hovers so it won't lock onto the ground.

It's actually fun to fly this way as it "slides" around instead of braking when you change directions. I'm assuming this is similar to A(tti) mode but I'm a beginner so I haven't even tried that mode yet.

Reactions: Ridebonfire
I got 23:29 with 13% battery left flying around the golf course taking photos. Didnt want to deplete battery too low had less than 10 flights
l0LBhSJ.jpg

Reactions: Jussaguy
27 minutes today.... P mode w CA ON....
7e4e7400718a7ba1a2b5420a9155e45c.jpg

26 minute flight immediately before that one with same setting, different battery
8ab4e3cca5f2d539098f9195cb1466cd.jpg

Reactions: RadioMike

image_zpsjuoxidsu.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen