Has the Phantom 4 Pro been hacked?

I am continually amazed at the number of people who will believe any wild story without pausing to think about it. Critical thinking is a fading art and we are in serious trouble.
Oh, so you're one of "those" people. All I know is I read about this "hacking" in an email. It said I should forward the email to 7 people or something bad would happen. Well, I was a scoffer like you so I didn't forward it. Two days later, my sister's brother-in-law's second cousin once removed was diagnosed with athlete's foot. Coincidence? I think not. Everybody knows that if it's on the interweb, it's true. Critical thinking? Pooh! Who needs it? Just believe! ;)

(Gosh, I hope no one thinks I'm serious).

Reactions: sar104
I don't think they have been hacked, you have agreed when you sign up for the app for DJI to store your data in China. The streaming video and audio from your phone is sent over there I understand. Not a hack, an agreed action. What DJI sends home is mentioned in here.

According to DJI, they do not collect video or audio, only flight data when you choose to sync it, DJI Statement on Customer Data and Privacy. I have no reason to think they would lie.

Why would they need our video to check out a dam when they can buy a ticket and get a guided tour inside some of the biggest dams.

According to DJI, they do not collect video or audio, only flight data when you choose to sync it, DJI Statement on Customer Data and Privacy. I have no reason to think they would lie.
Photographs are taken by the P4P aircraft before and during launch for landing purposes and are synced with the flight data, and stored on the aircraft independently of the removeable MicroSD card, along with the.DAT file black box data. That is also disclosed, should you be setting up the aircraft in your birthday suit at home. ;)

Photographs are taken by the P4P aircraft before and during launch for landing purposes and are synced with the flight data, and stored on the aircraft independently of the removeable MicroSD card, along with the.DAT file black box data. That is also disclosed, should you be setting up the aircraft in your birthday suit at home. ;)

Do you have a source for that info? I've been looking through DJI's policies and such and can't find any reference to this. That being said, I would understand why they would keep initial and final photos for support purposes. Could be very useful info during a crash or failure. I understand taking these for landing purposes but didn't know they were persistent in flight data.

Do you have a source for that info? I've been looking through DJI's policies and such and can't find any reference to this. That being said, I would understand why they would keep initial and final photos for support purposes. Could be very useful info during a crash or failure. I understand taking these for landing purposes but didn't know they were persistent in flight data.
Random photos of me and the landing area, that I did not take, show up in my DJI flight logs that I sync, and it was somewhere in the P4P documentation, as it is unique to the P4P.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures