Has anyone tried to open her up to connect to NAZA?

Reaction score
I was considering opening up the case and seeing if I could connect microUSB to the NAZA receiver as it is shown in the NAZA-M v2 manual? I was going to see if any of the gimbal settings are active and have any effect in there when running the NAZA-M assistant. Just wanted to check if anyone has tried this. Because you should be able to adjust the gimbal pitch center and possibly get the camera to initialize more at a level pitch rather than the 45 down it initializes to now. I am a bit tentative messing with the settings but it is not out of the question. Would I be a pioneer in the user community on this board if I tried it?

I have tried to connect to the NAZA-M assistant thru the external USB but not surprisingly there is no response.

Wow, let me know how it goes.

Now I have the vision, not the plus however I believe the NAZA Mv2 unit is the same. The NAZA manual mentions a micro USB connection through the LED unit which is an extra assembly. That unit plugs into the LED port on NAZA. On my P2V, the micro USB on the phantom in fact plugs into the LED port on NAZA. So there should be no benefit to opening the craft since you already connect directly to NAZA through the supplied USB on the craft.

Geo

I concur with Geoelectro's comment. Ive opened up my P2V+ earlier this week and found that the LED (microUSB) connection was indeed connected to the microUSB port in front of the phantom. What makes the Naza M V2 in the P2/P2V/P2V+ different from the normal Naza M V2 is that the P2/P2V/P2V+ firmware is installed on top of it.

One intereesting find when I opened the P2V+ is that athough X1 is connected to the Rx (7th Channel), there is nothing connected to the F1/F2 output ports. If I could find the right cables and connectors, I'd like to try connecting F2 directly to the camera pitch cable, bypassing the wifi unit hence, disabling in-app tilt control and taken over by ch7 pot control (X1)

Now you're talking Flighttime, please keep us posted if you are successful

DrJoe, I've ordered some cables for testing but it'll be a while til it gets to me via standard mail...and it may not even be the correct cables.

Either way it looks like Dronexpert beat me to it. They've announced the Ch7 function on their Facebook page and from their comments on there it seems they've done the exact same thin as I've described in this thread except theirs will come in a 3D-printed package "and will cost less than €100". Note that the cables I've ordered cost less than $3 each excluding shipping.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl