Has Anyone Found A Replacement Prop Removal Wrench?

I took my P3P out for an early morning photo shoot today, and had one prop stick on after the shoot. I had my tool kit in my case, but could not seem to locate it soon enough, before we had to vacate the grounds in favor of the grass cutting crew.
After I got home I found it in the case - but thought of how bad it would be to lose it.
I can't find on online anywhere.
Had anyone found a replacement/spare ....?
Thanks for any help.
I would guess that some of that banding strap that they use on boxes, wrapped around the motor, with a suitable twisting rod to torque it up, would work just as well - or some rubber gloves for extra grip, as someone has already suggested.

I, personally cannot foresee any scenario where my props could get that tight, although I'm not denying it might be possible. I always fly P2 metal-hubbed props on my P3 (with precautions) and I suppose my ultimate solution would be a dremel.;)

But never say never! I once had an angle-grinder that would just not release the cutting disk.. After trying absolutely everything, I threw the f****** (self-edited, btw) away and blew 20 euros on a new 'un...:)

You guys must have tiny hands. I can't get my fingers between the motor and the prop to hold it. [emoji4]

You guys must have tiny hands. I can't get my fingers between the motor and the prop to hold it. [emoji4]
Unless you have hands like a JCB shovel, the secret is to put the drone on the edge of a table top and go in from (hem-hem) 'underneath', but at the right angle too...

Many years ago we Brits used to call it 'Doing the Dambusters' - but who am I to say....? :)

Last edited:
Unless you have hands like a JCB shovel, the secret is to put the drone on the edge of a table top and go in from (hem-hem) 'underneath', but at the right angle too...

Many years ago we Brits used to call it 'Doing the Dambusters' - but who am I to say....? :)
I must have hands like a shovel then. I can't even fit my fingers between the motor and prop

Reactions: QBurris
I must have hands like a shovel then. I can't even fit my fingers between the motor and prop
I can't see how, if you go in from underneath, with fingertips pointed down, thumb and first finger, - Tthey're on a totally different plane and the props just can't get in the way.

Who are you, the Hulk?.....

I suggest you get some tips from Edward Scissorhands.... :)

Last edited:
I can't see how, if you go in from underneath, with fingertips pointed down, thumb and first finger, - Tthey're on a totally different plane and the props just can't get in the way.

Who are you, the Hulk?.....

I suggest you get some tips from Edward Scissorhands.... :)
I can get to the motor, but I can't grip it. I just use the tool. It works much better anyway.

I can get to the motor, but I can't grip it. I just use the tool. It works much better anyway.
I can't envision how that could actually be possible.. But - Hey! - Go with whatever works for you :)

I can't envision how that could actually be possible.. But - Hey! - Go with whatever works for you :)
You can't envision how someone has bigger hands than you? Or how to use the tool?
Not everyone has little girl hands. [emoji4]
Thanks for the permission to do what works for me? I have been doing that my entire life.

You can't envision how someone has bigger hands than you? Or how to use the tool?
Not everyone has little girl hands. [emoji4]
Thanks for the permission to do what works for me? I have been doing that my entire life.

:):):):)

I always have a set of fencing pliers in the car door :p

I found a really cheap, and useful tool, it's called your thumb and forefinger, just grab & twist.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl