Has anyone bought the BTG ND filter set off Amazon? (Link in Description)

Reaction score
LINK

I'm looking to buy these filters but wanted to see if any of you have had experience with them?

I'd like to get the Polar Pro filters but they're a decent bit more expensive and only go up to ND 8, when these go to ND 16.

I own them and included them in my ND filter comparison here.

They are very close to the build quality of the OEM DJI UV filter and the DJI ND filters (perhaps even made by the same manufacturer). Video/photo quality wise, all of the filters I listed produce similar results.

I considered Taco-RC but couldn't find an Amazon dealer willing to deliver it... So I ended up with Anbee (AFAIK the same as BTG) 3pcs Multi-coated Neutral Density Filter ND4 ND8 ND16 Set for DJI Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced Camera.

Like TACO-RC, it should be the same size and 0.05 oz weight as the original DJI UV filter so the gimbal and the original DJI gimbal lock should work as usual.

The only negative are the filter holders that miss the finger hole, so grabbing them out has produced some fingerprints on them.

I also got Mudder Circular Polarizer Filter which is equal to about ND2 + polarizing effect. It has some vignetting at the 4:3 image corners (not visible at 16:9) which can be cropped out in post.

I'm still not sure if a polarizing filter or even a ND is more effort than really useful, though :-|

Polarizing filter (photography) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Polarizer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All about Polarizers - Linear and Circular
Difference between Circular Polarizer and Linear Polarizer

LINK

I'm looking to buy these filters but wanted to see if any of you have had experience with them?

I'd like to get the Polar Pro filters but they're a decent bit more expensive and only go up to ND 8, when these go to ND 16.

I purchased these filters (BTG) in the beginning of April of this year. I like the fact that the three filters are in the exact same housing as the original lens for the P3P, they come in sturdy clear plastic case for each filter. I would recommend buying these filters, I wish BTG made a 32ND, but I am really pleased with the quality and craftsmanship of these filters..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought the taco filters. They are great. The ND 4 made an amazing differance. I never take the 4 off. If its sunny I just set the auto exposure to sunny and turn on EV lock, job done. It stays in place of the dji uv filter.

Example here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

LINK

I bought the PolarPro Cinema Vivid Series. Yes they are more expensive, but they are very well made. They screw on more easily than the original DJI UV filter. They come in a set of 4,8 and 16. It is the only set I found that had all three. They all have an adjustable polarizer filter. When the insignia is at 12 0'clock it is on full. Turn it 90 degrees and it is off or you can set it in between. I also got a few scratches on them and the company immediately sent out replacements. Outstanding service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan