H3B+ / H4 and landing gear

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm buying another P2 to be paired with my H4B. I already own a P2V+ and it's been great, but I want higher quality video and a more reliable fpv system. Anyway, my final concern is the landing gear being in the shot. How do people avoid this issue? What settings are most commonly used for H3B+ / H4 and the stock landing gear? Do lots of people use custom landing gear to avoid issues? Thanks!!

I run the stock landing gear and it's rare I see them when I'm actually "getting a shot" because I usually don't move the craft very hard. I really only see the legs when I move laterally or rotate HARD left/right. forward/backward movement doesn't get the legs in the shot, although with full forward movement you'll see the props in the top of the frame, especially if you're in ATTI mode with more tilt.

running the gopro in wide or ultra-wide fov increases the chances of seeing the legs...
medium or narrow FOV I almost nver see the legs, only at max lateral movement

If you put a 5.4mm lens on your H4, you'll never see your legs except in very extreme attitudes, and you'll never have to de-fisheye your footage.

Kelly

I shoot video in 1080/60fps in med. If you fly smooth you rarely see the landing gear. For pics I just tried 12mp wide. Got some great shots then took out fisheye and props with lightroom and photoshop.

I have the set up you are buying, and I don't see the landing gear, I shoot exclusively in 4K.

I use an ND filter on my lens to reduce the prop shadow in the sunshine, but that's it.

You can see my videos at www.youtube.com/dbkcreative.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl