H3-3D torn cable repair/replacement?

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced/repaired the main ribbon cable on the h3-3d (not the one that plugs into the gopro)? In this pic you can see the cable is partially torn where it makes a sharp bend. It looks like this is one continuous cable that goes all through the gimbal until it connects to the board that is behind the gopro when it is installed. I can not find any videos/pics or discussion on this being replaced/repaired. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 2014-10-23 22.16.49BBB.jpg
    2014-10-23 22.16.49BBB.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 929
You will have to send in to DJI. It is a big long cable and to replace it requires a total tear down of the Gibmal. Here is a pic of the ribbon that I just got done taking out. I have owned over 20 of these gimbals and have torn down many of them.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 1,909
Thanks for the pic, any tips on tearing it down? I have disassembled and repaired many phones/tablets and other somewhat complex electronics so I'm confident in my ability to disassemble the gimbal. Is there a way to get a replacement cable besides buying a banged up gimbal?

Reactions: _krausey_
Hi, Sorry to bring a thread back up from the dead but thought better to post rather than start a new one for the same subject. @sgrim70 did you find a new main ribbon? Mine got torn in a crash. I've already taken the h3-3d apart nearly fully to straighten the Y axis arm. I noticed the nick in the ribbon too but rather than losing all the tiny screws I built the gimbal back up again and have started the arduous task of searching for the main ribbon....

Any help is appreciated as I wanted my phantom back up and recording for the weekend.

Attachments

• zenmuse h3-3d bent y axis arm repair.jpg
    zenmuse h3-3d bent y axis arm repair.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 710
Thanks for the pic, any tips on tearing it down? I have disassembled and repaired many phones/tablets and other somewhat complex electronics so I'm confident in my ability to disassemble the gimbal. Is there a way to get a replacement cable besides buying a banged up gimbal?

Youtube is your friend (google owns youtube).
Make sure you have a paper clip to unlock the clips.
AND make sure you have the correct screwdriver set. The screws are soft and can fray easily if you use the wrong size driver.
Inspect each of the potentiometers and make sure non have cracks or been compromised in anyway.
2 parts

Hi guys, I have not been on here in ages so sorry for the delayed reply. Around january I ended up buying a crashed/for parts gimbal and took the ribbon out of it and put it I'm my gimbal and it worked great. I'm still using it to this day as a matter of fact.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl