Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

H3-3D producing wavey horizontal lines...video link so you can see

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by robfalcon501, Aug 24, 2015.

1. robfalcon501

Wondering if this is from vibrations from the motors...or from the angle of the sun coming through the props? Hoping some of you have had the same experience and at least an explanation, hopefully a way to avoid it. Here's the video, it's short and you can instantly see it, it stops and starts up again too, any input appreciated because it's aggravating me

2. jason

You're facing the sun and those wavy lines are the result of the props cutting across the sun leaving shadows across your video. You could lower the camera 5° or buy sun hood or even make one

Christy likes this.
  3. robfalcon501

Ok cool I was hoping it was that and not unbalanced blades or some other vibration, thanks

4. arizeda

or get a ND filter such as the ND4 from Snake River Prototyping. That's what I use.

5. kenjancef

Just took a look at those. With the bar holding the GoPro in place on the Zenmuse, will that filter fit? Will it go down far enough? (hope that makes sense....)

6. jason

Making sure props are balanced wouldn't hurt either as it save wear on the motors bearings and for less vibrations in the air frame.

7. robfalcon501

What will a filter do? I looked them up on Amazon and they all look like colorful plastic

8. arizeda