H3-3D not working

Reaction score
I just bought a Phantom 2 with H3-3D today and the gimbal was working when I first turned the unit on, then a little while after updating the firmware the go pro would just face down and not move at all. Now the gimbal does not move at all. Power is getting to the go pro as it's light comes on when I turn the phantom on but gimbal does not move at all.

I am very new to anything RC and after hours of research online cannot figure out what to do. Anybody have any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

not wishing to state the obvious but i'm assuming you've tried the gimbal pitch lever at the back of the transmitter?

I would disconnect and then reconnect all the cables to ensure that the cables are all seated properly.

try the unit again and see if you can feel any vibration from the 3 motors whilst the unit is running.

if not plug it back into your computer and see if you can get any of the measurements from the gimbal section of the assistant.

hope this helps

Bmews

Hi, I have the same problem!

I've followed the recommendations from Bmews, but unfortunately it did nothing for me :|
I am sure that it possible to fix somehow, because when I turn on the phantom the gimbal sort of wobbles and adjusts it's position incl. facing me right before it faces the ground. I also have a feeling that the trigger behind the controller is just tuned off, is there a way to check it it's on?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have

Marinoseg said:
Hi, I have the same problem!

I've followed the recommendations from Bmews, but unfortunately it did nothing for me :|
I am sure that it possible to fix somehow, because when I turn on the phantom the gimbal sort of wobbles and adjusts it's position incl. facing me right before it faces the ground. I also have a feeling that the trigger behind the controller is just tuned off, is there a way to check it it's on?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have

depending on your setup. The P2 2.4GHz has a lever at the back of the transmitter unit. It doesn't move far either left or right and this translates to the way the camera pitches so it's either facing forwards or down (or somewhere in-between). If you've tried the lever with the transmitter on, the P2 on and it doesn't move after doing the gimbal initialisation, then it could be that the gimbal lever isn't working.

within the assistant software you should be able to see the effects of all the levers, buttons switches and sticks on the transmitter once you've connected your P2 to your computer and switched all the devices on.

I'm assuming that the moment you switch on the P2 then go-pro powers up too (so that's receiving power?)

if you've plugged everything back in and can see any numbers on the assistant software then please post them here and let's see if we can help.

hope this helps somewhat.

Bmews

Daniel Huang (DJI)
May 09 15:04

Dear Sir,

Please kindly send it in for service.
The gimbal IMU is missing.

However, there's a back door way for your problem and I'm not sure if you could pull it off.

1.As attached, try to wire it up(using a cable or conductor) that two point
2.Power on your phantom and you might find the light in the gimbal turn red
3.Connect your phantom with assistant software and there would be a gimbal IMU in the Upgrade tab
4.Remove the wire and update that IMU
5.Power Cycle
If you try, please let me know if it works.

Best Regards.
buse4azy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cedric
TiberiumKANE said:
Daniel Huang (DJI)

Dear Sir,

However, there's a back door way for your problem and I'm not sure if you could pull it off.

3.Connect your phantom with assistant software and there would be a gimbal IMU in the Upgrade tab
5.Power Cycle

Best Regards.
buse4azy.jpg

I tried this and it worked!!
Does that mean that there is a part missing from my gimbal? I only got it earlier this week and was shattered when it stopped working, happy now though, thanks for the tip.

dazzap said:
Does that mean that there is a part missing from my gimbal?

I think the DJI rep was saying the assistant software and Naza was unable to see the IMU. It wasn't physically missing, just needed reset, allowing the assistant software to reflash it from scratch. It's sometimes very difficult to understand technical instruction in Chi-nglish! :?

So frustrating. Got my new P2 and did first flight today. Everything working okay except I experienced the 'yaw snaps' on the H3-3D that have been documented in this forum. Hooked it up to Assistant and saw there was an 'update' to the H3-D3 IMU. Installed it, power cycled (as instructed), but then....nothing. The gimbal is dead. Like the OP mentioned, the GoPro is getting power, but it's like the gimbal motors are dead now. Tried the 'hack' that was suggested above, but did not work (did not see any red lights, just a green light). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

ericty said:
So frustrating. Got my new P2 and did first flight today. Everything working okay except I experienced the 'yaw snaps' on the H3-3D that have been documented in this forum. Hooked it up to Assistant and saw there was an 'update' to the H3-D3 IMU. Installed it, power cycled (as instructed), but then....nothing. The gimbal is dead. Like the OP mentioned, the GoPro is getting power, but it's like the gimbal motors are dead now. Tried the 'hack' that was suggested above, but did not work (did not see any red lights, just a green light). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi

it took me a couple of attempts and an extra set of hands to hold a pair of tweezers on the small contacts points on the H3-3D whilst cycling the power. The first few times the light did not turn red (it stayed green) and this fix didn't work but finally I saw the red light whilst cycling the power, then the assistant update software did indeed show an extra line , the H3-3D update, reinstalled it and the gimbal came back to life :)

Levanterman said:
Hi it took me a couple of attempts and an extra set of hands to hold a pair of tweezers on the small contacts points on the H3-3D whilst cycling the power. The first few times the light did not turn red (it stayed green) and this fix didn't work but finally I saw the red light whilst cycling the power, then the assistant update software did indeed show an extra line , the H3-3D update, reinstalled it and the gimbal came back to life :)

Levanterman - YES! Success for me as well! I tried it once again, this time using pliers to hold the gimbal gimbal plate, got the tweezers in place, held my breath and powered up -- RED lights! Did the sequence of re-updating the IMU and all works well now! Thank goodness for these forums.

Use scissors.

I am having the same issues after installing my gimbal for the first time. I have tried the factory reset, calibrated the remote on both the remote control and Phantom software, recalibrated the IMU and still no luck. Annoyed doesn't even come close!!

The X1 dial works sometimes, but the "normal" tilt datum seems to be about 30 degrees off what it should be. Sometimes when I turn on the Phantom the gimbal behaves until I start moving the Phantom from side to side. The rest of the time the gimbal moves around in an un-natural motion.

ANY help/suggestions to fix this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Phantom Assist > Basic > RC > nominate upgrade mode.
Phantom Assist > Advanced > Gimbal > Gain = 5-10, Horizontal = 0, Vertical = 0 (this points/limits the camera tilt).
I have mine on 10 so it doesn't see the props when I hard accelerate.

Daniel Huang (DJI)

Dear Sir,

5.Power Cycle

Best Regards.
buse4azy.jpg

You are a genius! Thank you so much. I tried your solution and it worked perfectly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart