H3-3D not working (weird or no reaction to slide lever)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Apologies if this has been asked and/or solved already, I tried to find a post about the same problem but couldn't.

I just got a new P2 with a Zenmuse H3-3D, and everything is updated (also had the same problem out of the box before updated firmware). When I move the slide lever on the back of the remote the gimbal doesn't really react, and when it does it's just random movements. I tried to film it, here are three clips in one video, I turned the Phantom off in between them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSa4TvTqeH4

Other than that the gimbal seems to work the way it should and stays leveled when I move and tilt the Phantom.

Any suggestions what may cause this? Should I return it? Any help is appreciated!

If you haven't done these steps already, try them first before we troubleshoot any further:

1. Connect your Phantom's controller (aka transmitter) to the PC via USB and run DJI's RC Assistant software to calibrate the controller itself. Disconnect the controller and close the RC Assistant when finished.

2. Connect the Phantom to your PC via USB and run the Phantom Assistant software while the Phantom is powered on (same as when you upgraded the firmware). In the RC tab in the software you will find a channel slider labeled "X1" (the gimbal tilt control) and below that is the button you need to calibrate the channel.

Once both the controller and the X1 channel are calibrated, your gimbal *should* respond to the tilt lever properly.

OI Photography said:
If you haven't done these steps already, try them first before we troubleshoot any further:

1. Connect your Phantom's controller (aka transmitter) to the PC via USB and run DJI's RC Assistant software to calibrate the controller itself. Disconnect the controller and close the RC Assistant when finished.

2. Connect the Phantom to your PC via USB and run the Phantom Assistant software while the Phantom is powered on (same as when you upgraded the firmware). In the RC tab in the software you will find a channel slider labeled "X1" (the gimbal tilt control) and below that is the button you need to calibrate the channel.

Once both the controller and the X1 channel are calibrated, your gimbal *should* respond to the tilt lever properly.

Thanks! I think we found the issue. When I try to calibrate X1 the value just moves between 800 and 900, if I'm thinking straight this means there might be an issue with the controller hardware? I'll link a friend's controller to my P2 in the morning to see if that works.

Update:

Gimbal works fine when I link my friend's controller. I double checked that my slide lever grabs the orange plastic inside my controller and it still doesn't work properly so I'm returning the remote.

fredrikbergstrom said:
Update:

Gimbal works fine when I link my friend's controller. I double checked that my slide lever grabs the orange plastic inside my controller and it still doesn't work properly so I'm returning the remote.

Good job on isolating the source of the problem to your controller, not everybody in your situation has the luxury of another controller to test with :)

The pot (orange plastic) in he controller has been know to fail like that here and there, but I don't think I've heard of anybody getting two duds in a row, so odds are good the replacement will get you going just fine!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl