Guy Makes Gun Firing Drone WTF!!!

You all must have missed a recent episode of Hawaii Five O?

Drone with a semi automatic was terrorizing Honolulu and Waikiki. I think the story line was the shooter/drone pilot was trying to extort money to stop the killings...

I never pictured a drone with an actual firearm attached when I visualized such a drone's appearance. I envisioned a custom housing which incorporated the camera for sighting and motion while disguising the entire apparatus. Because of this young man's crude assembly I think he may have been seeking attention. He got it!!

The FAA is investigating the guy now... Just heard it on ABC News... This is real bad for the Hobby.

This is real bad for the Hobby.

How so and what does it have to do with "the hobby" as you say?????????????????? and wich hobby?????? Or do you mean its going to hurt the hobby of innovators or do you mean the hobby of putting guns on drones which I was not even aware was all that big of a hobby to begin with and its already outlawed any way if thats what your thinking. Tho trust me this will not hurt either hobby whats so ever. Nore are laws going to stop any one from innovating or breaking laws.

its about as silly as all thos that thing that because its against the law to make or posses a 3d printed gun that don't contain a certain amount of metal indeed in them same as any other way of making a gun or knife out of plastic. Is not in any way shape or form going to hurt the hobby of 3d printing nore is it nore could it even stop any one from making illegal shaped items on a 3d printer. nore would even outlawing them stop anyone from making there own 3d printers if they wanted to have one bad enough. Being there just to dam easy to make from all off the shelf parts that most any one can find any were even in a trash heap. So the only way they could really stop it is to ban every thing and any form of manufacturing or possession of any item and technology such as even a resistor or stepper motor and also computers to. Its just never going to happen.. and there would still be some one that could just as easily make a gun the way guns have been made for as long as they have been makeing which is by machining them and other metal working. I have all the things to make guns in my shop and unless they want to ban metal they could not stop me from making a gun or take the gun smiting books and machining books off my book shelf or ever make it so that any of my lathes milling machines or any thing else is not able to make some certain shaped items. and lets face it that's all a gun is or any thing else even an engine its just a bunch or parts made out of that ever materials that are all just shaped a certain way then put together.

Thats all this kid did to was take some metal shaped objects that compose a gun and added to some things shaped and out of certain materials and put together in a way that makes it a quad and if some one wants to do it no matter how many laws they pass its not going to stop any one from doing it if they have a need or a want to do it.

Reactions: dirkclod
i think the most damning thing for him is he lives in Connecticut. Sandy shooting was only a few years ago. Gun laws in these parts are pretty prohibitive, even if you shoot in the woods

I'd much rather be up against that , than an actual person with a gun.

I may be with you on that. It's gonna be **** difficult to aim that thing, a moving target will be ridiculously hard to hit. If it gets up right on you it'll be hard to miss, but at any reasonable distance it'll be sheer luck for it to hit you.

There will always be stupid people and ya can't fix stupid! If people decide that UAV's should be banned due to these
crackpots mounting weapons to them than what should we do about this? Millions of people have seen it too!

th

Reactions: Ti22 and dirkclod
There will always be stupid people and ya can't fix stupid! If people decide that UAV's should be banned due to these
crackpots mounting weapons to them than what should we do about this? Millions of people have seen it too!

th
That simple logic doesn't apply to the majority of people in this country, of whom the politicians are trying to please with more laws after a tragedy. Don't explain that current laws and new laws will never be obeyed by the crazy and brainless.................... it just makes everyone "feel" so good to create a law that makes them "think" it addresses anything related to such tragedy.

Apparently this is the same kid that was assaulted at the beach by that crazy chick . I'm sure just about everybody has seen that video .

I may be with you on that. It's gonna be **** difficult to aim that thing, a moving target will be ridiculously hard to hit. If it gets up right on you it'll be hard to miss, but at any reasonable distance it'll be sheer luck for it to hit you.

3D gimbal mounts and laser tracking won’t be far behind, LOL…

I say in jest but with some speck of truth.

I’m sure in many countries this carries a disturbing impact.

Having grown up literally “playing” with firearms/weapons many of US likely don’t feel as disturb when viewing the flying pistol footage.

Bright kid, ‘hope he can apply his talents/skills for things to create and improve our world rather than destroy and scare.

Thanks for posting that crazy woman on beach video. Had no idea he survived such an encounter. At his age, I would probably be rigging weapons on my MR too…

I'm sure DARPA already has a refined version of this in the works if not already deployed. You really can't stop the march forward of weaponry. History shows us that for sure. This youth is simply showing the inevitable progression of tech. Both for good in the hands of the good guys or for destruction in the hands of bad. Refinements like stabilization and sighting and tracking are all just design elements. Anyway, it's just a step up from Roman candles, right?

Well to bad for all the oh no the sky if falling and the faa will save us crowd... The faa and the cops decided there are no charges to be pressed over it being they said they cant find any laws that were broken..... So they did the next best thing and then they false arrested him on phony BS charges and said that hes gong to be charged with failing to turn him self in on a warrant and then they decided to also lie some more and say he assaulted them a few days before when trying to serve the warrant. Which dont make any scence being that you cant have a warrant issued if you broke no law to even be arrested for and there sure as hell is no such thing as any one even thinking about assaulting a cop and NOT being arrested for it intill a few days later not to mention he would of been beaten tazered and or shot if he even tried to assault a cop. BUT not in a million years would any cop just let it slide and take 3 days to decide some thing was assault then issue a warrant. But the funny thing is that the warrant they issued for assault IS the warrant they are trying to say they were trying to serve on him when he Kicked at them and "flailed his arms" at them in a "threatening manner" Tho some how they expect every one to believe he could have a warrant issued for assault and failing to turn him self in on the warrant they issued for him not turning him self in on and that he assaulted them for. So I guess they now must have a way of issuing a warrant for some thing BEFORE it even happens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl