Ground Station for Ipad

Reaction score
I can not get Ground Station app to connect to my Phantom. Transmitter is on.
Wifi extender is on and Phantom is powered up. iPad wifi is connected to Phantom.
When I go into the GS app on my iPad, it asks me to "please connect to aircraft". I went
into settings and selected one icon that brought up "controller connection" It fails to find a
controller. How do I get GS to communicate with the Phantom? Suggestions please.

Thanks,

Kemo

I think the app you're looking for is called DJI Vision. It has ground station (mini-version) built-in. That foxed me too. But to use DJI Vision "ground station" you have to enable it in the settings of the DJI Vision app and then when in camera view, swipe from right to left across the video feed.

I have the DJI Vision app on my iPhone and it works well. The only app that
I can find for my iPad is called Ground Station. GS is the app that doesn't recognize my
Phantom.

kemosabe421 said:
The only app that I can find for my iPad is called Ground Station.
There is no app in the app store named "Ground Station".

Are you sure you aren't looking for Ground Station within the DJI Vision app? After enabling the "Ground Station" setting in the "Settings" section of the DJI Vision app, swipe left in the "Camera" section to access Ground Station.

UAV Direct told me that the Ground Station App was for GoPro setups and non iPad users. iPad users have the app built into the Vision App not as good as the stand alone Ground Station App but it works. If you can't find it in the app store it might be because you have already downloaded it and you will probably find it in iTunes.

I just broke the code. On my iPad, I went to the Apple app store and searched for any
DJI app for the iPad. The search returned no results. So, I did a search for DJI apps for
the iPhone and it found DJI Vision. I downloaded the DJI Vision app for iPhone to my
iPad . I can now set waypoint using my iPad. Thanks to all for your input.

Kemo

I think OP is using the wrong app.

DJI makes "Vision" AND "Ground Station" apps.

For P2V+ (Phantom 2 Vision Plus), only "Vision" app works. The "Ground Station" app is for the other devices sold by DJI.

To get "ground station" (ie. Waypoint) for P2V+ working, you start your Vision app, go into FPV view, then swipe the screen to left to get to the "Ground Station" or "Waypoint" screen.

Just so we are on same page.

This is the ICON for the Vision App. If you are using P2V+, use this app to get to the "Ground Station" screen.

This is the ICON for the Ground Station. To get this to work on P2V+, you'll need to add some more hardware like the 2.4G Bluetooth data-link for your NAZA-M.

If you really want to use GS, take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18439

Attachments

• Vision.jpg
    Vision.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 327
  • GS.jpg
    GS.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 371

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.