Greetings from England! [emoji4]

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Wanted to stop reading and start posting.

I am Tom I'm about to turn 22 years old. I've always been a RC enthusiast, owned many planes, helis, cars and quads. But it was time to step up the game this month and buy my first P3S. It's a lot of money but did my research and went for this. Overall I'm extremely happy there's so much tech in this bit of kit it's unreal. And the distance isn't an issue on the standard can go far away enough to scare myself so that's enough (managed to go 220M high today to have a look above the clouds and no issues with signal.) I'm from A little town in East of England not many scenic views but you make do.

I am a First Responder for the Ambulance Service here and as you can see from the photo below I can't resist taking the drone out during breaks hehe.

I would like to thank everyone on here for the posts I've read it taught my a lot when first starting up.

In terms of mods I haven't done anything major and I don't want to. I've ordered online today...

A night flying headlight set that sticks on the front and allows you to see where your going in those dark evenings.

Prop guard set

Camo sticker set for her.

If anyone is against these mods do let me know as I would be keen to know any disadvantages.

I wish you all the best and if anyone lives near please contact me to arrange a meet up, no one anywhere near here does regular RC meet ups!

All the best,

Thomas [emoji4]
393e6d1064d250541783e44efbfb835d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Welcome to the forum Thomas .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Greetings & welcome to the forum.
I'm in the north east of england, a tad too far to meet.
Enjoy the new toy.

Hello everyone,

Wanted to stop reading and start posting.

I am Tom I'm about to turn 22 years old. I've always been a RC enthusiast, owned many planes, helis, cars and quads. But it was time to step up the game this month and buy my first P3S. It's a lot of money but did my research and went for this. Overall I'm extremely happy there's so much tech in this bit of kit it's unreal. And the distance isn't an issue on the standard can go far away enough to scare myself so that's enough (managed to go 220M high today to have a look above the clouds and no issues with signal.) I'm from A little town in East of England not many scenic views but you make do.

I am a First Responder for the Ambulance Service here and as you can see from the photo below I can't resist taking the drone out during breaks hehe.

I would like to thank everyone on here for the posts I've read it taught my a lot when first starting up.

In terms of mods I haven't done anything major and I don't want to. I've ordered online today...

A night flying headlight set that sticks on the front and allows you to see where your going in those dark evenings.

Prop guard set

Camo sticker set for her.

If anyone is against these mods do let me know as I would be keen to know any disadvantages.

I wish you all the best and if anyone lives near please contact me to arrange a meet up, no one anywhere near here does regular RC meet ups!

All the best,

Thomas [emoji4]
393e6d1064d250541783e44efbfb835d.jpg

Hey welcome and we all have to start somewhere, I'm totally new to rc drones and these phantom drones are so nice to use it makes me look like an expert. No I'm not a photographer and when I watch any footage I've recorded it's clear I'm a newb ha ha. I'm in Essex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey welcome and we all have to start somewhere, I'm totally new to rc drones and these phantom drones are so nice to use it makes me look like an expert. No I'm not a photographer and when I watch any footage I've recorded it's clear I'm a newb ha ha. I'm in Essex.

You haven't seen my footage yet haha! What part of Essex are you from? :)

I'm just in Romford pal, where are you. Well at least I warned ya I'm no expert lol

Sure thing, it doesnt state in the CAA
Above the clouds is not line of sight. CAA state 400 feet maximum height. Please show mean in the CAA Rules that allows flights of R/C aircraft to fly higher. Spotter or no Spotter.

Always willing to learn.

Sent from my STV100-4 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I would hazard a guess our pilot was flying through scattered clouds and his competent spotter was looking out for other aircraft due to him using the FPV of his aircraft to have a look above the clouds :)
Here is the 2016 exemption:
http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/1168.pdf

with the update to the ANO 2009 to ANO 2016, the exemption is to exempt article 94, it was previously 166 in ANO 2009.
Updated ANO 2016 http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP 393_AUG2016.pdf
Old ANO 2009 http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP393OLD.pdf

Last edited:
Not sure this applies to hobbyists but more like Licensed Operators on Commercial Work with the pilot wearing VR Goggles. Awaiting confirmation from the CAA.

Introduction

This explanatory memorandum has been prepared by The Department for Transport (“the Department”) and is laid before Parliament by Command of Her Majesty.

Purpose of the instrument

The Air Navigation Order 2016 (“the Order”) regulates matters such as aviation safety standards and aircraft navigation which fall outside the scope of EU regulation. It is wide-ranging, covering aircraft, air crew, passengers, cargo, air traffic services and aerodromes. The Order replaces the Air Navigation Order 2009 (“the 2009 Order”) and removes regulation for certain categories of aircraft, which for the first time fall within the scope of EU regulation which takes effect on 26 August 2016 and improves the operation and development of experimental aircraft and the medical requirements surrounding private pilots licences.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan