GREEN SCRREN - POOR VIDEO IPAD MINI 4?

Reaction score
As the title really, intermittent and a pain in the bum whilst flying the video feed to my ipad keeps goin green, pixalated etc then sorts itself out for a while and then green again etc, seems to be worse when im in a intelligent flight mode

Anyone know what i should do?

Both ipad and bird are up to date, so what do i do to fix this.. not good for trying to get cinematic shots lol..

How strong is HD signal? Have you tried other tablet? If problem still resists try to reload firmware or download older version.

How strong is HD signal? Have you tried other tablet? If problem still resists try to reload firmware or download older version.

Next time i test, i will check hd signal but i think from memory its almost full, tablet i brand new and this only started happening after a firmware upgrade..

Maybe ill try a new lightning cable to rule that out..

I have had this since forever. It is a nuisance, but since it only affects the transmitted video feed and not the recording, I have stopped caring about it. I have tested different iPhones and iPads, and also different cables. I don't think my Phantom is broken, I just write it down the LightBridge signal getting affected by someting. Nothing to worry about, the signal always comes back after a second or two.

Reactions: Dazzauk
You mentioned you had latest updates. With dji’s History in updates that could be the problem. Try Litchi and see that cures the problem. Then you won’t be “required” to update anything again. I did that 14 months ago and have had no problems. And as a bonus you’ll have a superior flying app IMO!

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

I tried all settings you mentioned, but I cannot find the "enable hardware decoding" setting on my iPad (A9)... is it still a valid setting?

I cannot find the "enable hardware decoding" setting on my iPad (A9)... is it still a valid setting?
You'll only see that setting in DJI GO 3.

I read somewhere that the green screen and pixelation occur when the program or iPad scans WiFi channels for a better connection. I was told to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth if possible when flying.

I read somewhere that the green screen and pixelation occur when the program or iPad scans WiFi channels for a better connection. I was told to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth if possible when flying.

Interesting. I will try this for sure.

Interesting. I will try this for sure.
Not only do you want to turn off Wifi on the iPad, you should also turn it off on the phone in your pocket. If they are on, they will continually hunt for an access point and interfere with your RC video reception. Since the hunting signal is so close to your RC, and your drone is far away, the hunting sign will be much stronger and dominate. The other way to cure this with P4P is to switch to 5.8Ghz. However on P4 you only have 2.4Ghz, so always keep your Wifi devices turned off. Alternatively, if you have a Wifi only Ipad (without cellular support), and you connect the iPad to your phone access point, that should work fine because the iPad Wifi isn't pinging all channels, hunting for an access point.

Reactions: matti and Dazzauk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164