Great Range with FW 1.1.9, afraid to update

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My P3 is still on FW 1.1.9 as I have no problems (other than hardware related problems, tilted horizon, stress cracks) and an awesome RC range.

Sooner or later I will need to update the FW. I am very worried though that my RC range may decrease, as it happened with the Inspire FW update for example.

Anyone flying the latest FW and still have awesome RC range (5+km) ? (Non modified RCs obviously)

Thanks

Hi Guys

My P3 is still on FW 1.1.9 as I have no problems (other than hardware related problems, tilted horizon, stress cracks) and an awesome RC range.

Sooner or later I will need to update the FW. I am very worried though that my RC range may decrease, as it happened with the Inspire FW update for example.

Anyone flying the latest FW and still have awesome RC range (5+km) ? (Non modified RCs obviously)

Thanks
my range has not decreased, if that's what you're asking. I've never tried to fly 5km+

Im running 1.1.9 and I only can go 1.5 miles aprox (9000 feet ) I loose Light Bridge & Controller ... At the beach.. How are you guys getting 3 miles?

Always point the RC directly towards the aircraft, and antennas straight up. I get more than 4 miles and even have a CE version

This is an interesting topic and one I'm going to look at as I too am on 1.1.9 and going nuts questioning myself if I should upgrade to 1.4

My P3 is still on FW 1.1.9 ..Sooner or later I will need to update the FW. I am very worried though that my RC range may decrease, as it happened with the Inspire FW update for example.
I too am on 1.1.9 and going nuts questioning myself if I should upgrade to 1.4
What is it with all the people convincing themselves that, despite the overwhelming number of people reporting that firmware updates are quite safe, that updating firmware is something to be feared.
Get over it people. Don't act like a bunch of superstitious medieval peasants.
The latest firmware is fine (just like the previous version)..
It's been tested for ages and going by the reports of the last few days, it's just fine.

What is it with all the people convincing themselves that, despite the overwhelming number of people reporting that firmware updates are quite safe, that updating firmware is something to be feared.
It's been tested for ages and going by the reports of the last few days, it's just fine.

Agreed...

And what's more, the latest firmware adds a great deal more functionality. I have always upgraded and have never had an issue. That said I don't go long distance flying either.

+1.
In fact I've noticed that since I upgraded to 1.4 that the neighborhood dogs have stopped barking at me.

Reactions: Fplvert
Hummm........still too soon to talk.....maybe was my mistake, but i notice the P3A more nervous on the 1.4fw.
1.1.9 was perfect in all ways. And 1.1.0 app much better than 2.1.0.

Reactions: Fanti
Hummm........still too soon to talk.....maybe was my mistake, but i notice the P3A more nervous on the 1.4fw.
1.1.9 was perfect in all ways. And 1.1.0 app much better than 2.1.0.
I first thought that as well but I adjusted the brake down a bit and seems better. Other than that im enjoying the new features.

I was still on FW 1.1.5 (release version) till a couple days ago....my P3 was always fine and updates added nothing new....till 1.4 emerged....took the plunge. All is good
Wanting the Litchi App helped in that decision as well tbh.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT