Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

GPS Tracker recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Altomar718, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Altomar718

Hi - Has anyone got any recommendations on GPS Trackers to be used an a DJI Phantom 2 Vision + - I have looked at some on Ebay etc. but a bit confused by it all and some, in the description, say they are magnetic which I could see being a potential problem for the compass. The other problem, is mounting in on the UAV ........ Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions please? This was the kind of thing I meant - Thanks in advance ..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Car-Real ... 1e8a7b2b57

2. Altomar718

Thank you Geert - great information and appreciate you taking the time to answer

3. AndyA

4. BWJ

BWJ

5. MadMitch88

Is this thing really a viable solution for a lost Phantom that might be lost a mile or more away from you? Manufacturer states 400 ft. range in CLEAR line of sight -- but realistically probably more like 150 ft. when your bird is entangled in heavy brush.

The only useful purpose for this device is as an adjunct to a true GPS tracker. Once you get the GPS coordinates of where your bird is --- then you can use the Loc8tor to home in on the last 200 ft. where the bird might be hidden in thick weeds or snagged high in the treetop. Even then, it probably wouldnt work as good as a high-decibel alarm sound that other devices offer.

6. BWJ

BWJ

Mostly you have a clue of where the bird is, so fine and cheap.