GPS status changing

Reaction score
In last few flights in different areas my GPS green status on screen changes to orange No GPS but number of satellites are from 13-18. The led light on drone stay green. I try manually to change to atti mode and then I sow changes to drone behaviour (small movement by the wind) but when I switch to GPS mode it stand still even no GPS orange status on screen. After minute stud changed to green GPS.
Any advice??

I'm seeing such posts about GPS lock lost from many members. We need to go into the depth of the issue.

2thesign please post the versions of App and FW you have currently running on your system.

Everything latest. I think this started happening after 1.6 update but can't be sure.

I have the latest updates and this began happening with mine after the last update. Goes from green safe-to-fly GPS to orange, no gps

Exactly the issue I recently posted about. However, I'm not sure it is firmware related, as mine is still on 1.3.2. Also, like the OP stated, it still flies like there is GPS. Just the indicator says there is not. Maybe the app? I am using the current android app. I had not noticed this issue when using ios previously.

Also, my HD log does NOT show these incidents.

This is likely due to a couple of things.The main reason is probably app related. When something appears in numerous aircraft it's obvious it's not isolated. I remember there recently being a point in which some members were only receiving the U.S. common 8-9 satellites only. I'm pretty sure it was while they were waiting for some propagation to take place. Once the propagation took place the satellites seemed to be functioning again at the higher numbers.

It's always best to remove the old dji GO app prior to installing a upgraded version. It helps keep files from becoming corrupt. When I do this process, I remove the old version by going to the device's general settings area. With android I then update using the google play store. And of coarse i0S users know to use itunes. The last few times of doing this on my Nvidia K1 all the settings were luckily still in place as well as the famous 32 channel mod.

And....I also wanted to add that the Satellites do not stay located in the same spot throughout the day. Their position changes as the earth rotates. So, depending on the time of day, you could be receiving a large number of satellites. Then 6-8hrs later struggle to maintain reception. In my case it's best in the morning hours. I can get a GPS Lock in my house. But in the evening I'm limited where I can launch from in the yard.

Reactions: Skypicswa
Thanks for that information.

In my case anyway, I never have difficulty with number of satellites indicated. It last happened two days ago and it showed 20 satellites!

I always show 14-15 satellites at a minimum when this occurs. Also, the number of satellites do not decrease when it happens.

Happens to me with my Advanced too. No such thing with Standard.
There is 1.7 beta firmware released. Any volunteers?

I'm seeing such posts about GPS lock lost from many members. We need to go into the depth of the issue.

2thesign please post the versions of App and FW you have currently running on your system.

I am also wondering how much difference it makes with the versions of hardware. Like any thing else DJI will be trying
to improve the product. Less warranty = more money.

Happens to me with my Advanced too. No such thing with Standard.
There is 1.7 beta firmware released. Any volunteers?

DJI shows FW 1.6.4 for Phantom 3 Advanced. 1.7? What phantom are you talking about or what website are you referring to? Where do you get beta version from?

That is the beta geo-fencing test Go version. I would not install that.

I just wanted to bump this to see if anyone had had any recent experiences with the orange Non-GPS. I was flying today and got this caution a couple times. At the time I had anywhere between 6-10 satellites, the drone still was holding position well, but it made me nervous to take the quad out very far. This was at a place I've flown before with good green safe-to-fly, but there are some trees and I was close to a house, and it was an overcast day. It just made me nervous because I was looking at the drone, and it was flying just fine, I glanced down at the screen and saw it had the orange caution = wth. It maintained it's gps lock (windy day, definitley didn't switch to atti mode), but gave no audible warning and if I hadn't looked at the screen I would not have known any different.. After that I just kept it close by, and it randomly switched green/orange quite a few times with no change in behavior.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl