GPS mode without green light

Reaction score
When I start up in GPS mode and don't get the proper slow flashing green light, am I still getting the stability of the GPS mode settings, and just missing out on the return home function? Or am I almost basically in ATT mode?
Thanks!

calipilot said:
When I start up in GPS mode and don't get the proper slow flashing green light, am I still getting the stability of the GPS mode settings, and just missing out on the return home function? Or am I almost basically in ATT mode?
Thanks!

you'll always want to wait until you see the quick 20x green flashes indicating home location has been recorded.
then if you run into trouble, no matter what mode you're flying in, the Phantom will try to return to the home position if you enable RTH.

it's ideal to wait until you no longer see any red blinks and just a single/double green blink.
..or the same with Yellow if you're in ATTI mode.

calipilot said:
Thanks!
I'm not sure and I don't think this is addressed in the manual either. If you are only able to get the information from a couple satellites (like being indoors), I really don't know what would happen if you went into GPS mode. Would it not activate at all, or would it try to hold it's position with only a few satellites??

Darrell1 said:
calipilot said:
Thanks!
I'm not sure and I don't think this is addressed in the manual either. If you are only able to get the information from a couple satellites (like being indoors), I really don't know what would happen if you went into GPS mode. Would it not activate at all, or would it try to hold it's position with only a few satellites??

Ideally you need 6 or more satellites but it will still work with 5 (one red flash after green).
Any less it is just the ATTI mode.
Note that even you have the switch in GPS mode but if you don't get only GREEN, you are NOT in GPS mode!
People still can fly indoor with ATTI mode (or GPS switch with not enough satellites)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl