Got some upgrade parts for my phantom :)

Reaction score
This is what I received yesterday from Banggood

IMAGE_334.jpg

GoPro Hero 3 Black
Gopro Mount
70$ Gimbal
2 Battery Trays
LED HeadLight
2 battery Split Power Cable
Split Balancing Cable
Gimbal Pitch Control Lever

Controller Stickers

It took me all afternoon to get everything working together, but after quick test on ground it seems that cheap gimbal works just fine... today I will be testing it all while flying:)

next MOD is ar drone motherboard for FPV ( just need to find cheap broken AR drone)

IMAGE_335.jpg

peterek said:
This is what I received yesterday from Banggood

IMAGE_335.jpg

Dont the batteries affect the lift when they are mounted on the side like that? Would placing them lower or vertical increase your lift?

I've seen them mounted like yours or at the base of the landing gear.. I'm just curious if there is much difference.

So I did test flight yesterday... Fitted 2 batteries and gimbal, and I think that was too much weight, Phantom lifted up but wasn't stable, it was descending after few seconds of flight, Maybe i have to put batteries below the holders, will test dual battery setup without gimbal to so how it will perform.

But gimbal itself performed flawlessly , it was quick to respond, kept the level all the time, My friend has Zenmuse gimbal next time I fly with him I will compare those two, to see why they charge 300 for Zenmuse:)

I also got this backpack yesterday from Banggood.com, i had to cut some foam out to fit the battery holder but, other than that it is really nice:

IMAGE_338.jpg

I agree with the other posters here, the 2 batteries under the props is killing your efficiency (the props are blowing down on the batteries). I'd move the under, and possibly only use 2 batteries instead of 3

I was using 2 batteries,not 3, need to get a scale to weight it... But it will be interesting how much flight would i get with 2 batteries and gimbal vs no gimbal

kind of hard finding a good place to put those batts. with gimbal, see they have a new gimbal fo the fc40 cam. HD should have them in soon . watch coming down to fast with those extra batts. plus gimbal. if you do get into VRS give full forward stick, its the only thing that stops it. got to get out of the hole. loving my Mobius. I have the fusuno landing gear with wide extender kit, and a CF plate I made from a protos frame, so the batts hang under plate & under gimbal. the fusuno landing gear has been cut down 50mm, so the phantom sits real low, but very steady no tip overs, :geek:

I have the two battery setup same as you have and I get about 20 minutes without camera or gimbal.

red_one said:
I have the two battery setup same as you have and I get about 20 minutes without camera or gimbal.

How do you mount batteries? On top or bottom? Using velcro straps?

if your asking me. I have them strapped with Velcro strap. center of body, but my flight times suck. from day one, with stuck FC only got 7 mins. thinking about changing body. so I can fit one 5000 MAH bat on it. I have the DJI timer, but it don't work in the sun. cant see time on it. I fly over Bermuda reefs, so every flight is a risk :lol: I would love to get the time your getting. can you tell us what your doing right . could be im flying it like its my SAB 570 that im getting pure time. lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl