GoPro on the Phantom: Tips for best photos?

Reaction score
Okay now that i might have a good workable Phantom with a working gimbal, I can try to do what i bought the phantom for: Good aerial photos. The videos look great but i want to max out what i can get using the phantom 1 and the gopro for landscape photography stills.

I changed the gopro to a medium settings instead of wide. The wide was giving a real fish eye affect to the photos. Right now I have the gopro on Video with 5 sec still images. I am not sure if this is correct so I thought i could ask here.

I am curious about tips for getting the best possible still images. Any suggestions on the settings for the gopro? Should I look into a lens filter? How can i get the best quality, highest resolution still images of landscapes.....

Thanks in advance!

Always shoot in Wide mode. For stills, anything other than wide is just a crop of the image. Better to shoot wide and then fix the image in Photoshop or Lightroom with the GoPro lens correction tool. You can then crop it as much as you like.

The best way to get stills is to set the GoPro in to timelapse mode. One picture every 2 seconds and shoot in Wide. This will give you the full sensor and the highest bitrate for the images.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing