Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

GoPro H4B HDMI Output

Discussion in 'DJI Lightbridge' started by ianwood, Feb 3, 2015.

1. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

Is the H4B still outputting a 480p preview when shooting at 2.7K and 4K or can you get 1080p? I am looking to pick up a Lightbridge setup but only if I can get the full 1080p downlink with the H4B shooting in 2.7K or 4K.

2. spudraleigh

Here is a link to the list of supported video resolutions for Hero 3 ... until something changes, assume it is the same for H4. I use 1080P @ 24 fps on Hero 3+ Black which is more than adequate. Not sure what happens when shooting higher resolutions although I can shoot at 4K. I should probably give that a try ;) You may have already seen this but if not, hope it helps. I will try 4K as soon as I get back out and let you know.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/DJI_Lightbridge-Supported_Video_Input_Resolution

3. Haze

the newest Update Is supposed to Have Fixed the 4k issues.I dont have the gopro 4 but the newest update added 4k encoding to 1080p in air unit (not base Unit)

4. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

I was hoping that was the case but it's not in GoPro's firmware release notes. Where did you hear this? Can anyone confirm?

5. Haze

if you read the relase notes for the latest update it states it there, and the update makes u update the Air unit. sorry took so long didnt see reply.

@Air system encoder* v1.1.10

Read DJI Lightbridge Release Notes PDF
    http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... ote_en.pdf