GoPro camera turning on randomly and battery draining

Reaction score
Here's a strange one: I just replaced my gimbal after a bad crash. After updating the software to 2.0 and gimbal IMU to 1.8, the gimbal now seems fine (it would not go fully upright and was responding to the lever erratically). However, after several calibrations, the gimbal seems to be working correctly again.

The weird thing is, now the GoPro is turning on randomly by itself. I hear it and turn it off. It could happen again in a few minutes or many hours from now. The other thing is the Phantom seems to be draining the GoPro battery pretty rapidly while the camera is off.

Phantom flys fine after the crash.

Anyone ever hear of this situation? Suggestions?

Thanks for reading :)

My gear: Phantom 2 with 3H-2D gimbal, GoPro camera, iOSD Mini, DJI 5.8 Transmitter, Boscam monitor 5802.

Look through your menu items to make sure wifi is not currently linked to either the remote or GoPro app.

If only the red indicator on the GoPro is illuminated, disregard above.

Make sure the battery is not left in the Phantom. The voltage sense contacts below the main contacts may be carrying current to the GoPro socket on the gimbal.

Wifi is not on. Also noticed that the problem persists even when the battery is removed from Phantom. GoPro still turns on by itself randomly and I have no control over it. Actually, I can turn the GoPro off but cannot turn it on. It just turns on by itself randomly.

Go to the trouble shooting page on the Gopro website.I believe I saw a fix for this type of problem on there, Don;t ask me where it was a few weeks ago.

bpippin said:
Wifi is not on. Also noticed that the problem persists even when the battery is removed from Phantom. GoPro still turns on by itself randomly and I have no control over it. Actually, I can turn the GoPro off but cannot turn it on. It just turns on by itself randomly.

Try turning off your OSD in the GoPro menu. I had a problem a few weeks back where I couldn't turn my GoPro off while t was attached to the gimbal. Pushed the power button, held it down for several seconds, nothing. It wouldn't turn off or stop recording. I took GoPro out of the gimbal, removed the battery, turned off OSD and it hasn't happened since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen