Gopro Cable help

Reaction score
I'm just in the process of ordering parts for my first Phantom2 FPV set-up. Ordered a FatShark 250mw transmitter, 7 Channel SMA Black Pearl and a pair of Spironets. I'm considering getting an iOSD mini and my camera will be a GoPro 3 mounted on a cheap Goodluckbuy Gimbel. Now I'm trying to figure out how to connect everything together.

There's a few "plug and play" cables that will hook the GoPro, Iosd and Tx up very nicely but the concern I have is the USB connector on the GoPro end are often chunky and will have the camera pushed off the end of the camera support on the gimbal. Pre-testing suggests that this will send the Gimbal bat-**** crazy so I'm not sure how well that is going to work. I was wondering if there is something similar to this:

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/cables ... tter-cable

that uses the rear bus connector on the GoPro instead of the USB?

Frankly I've spent so much time googling this stuff I'm almost ready to sell a kidney and get a Zenmuse instead! lol

As a secondary question, I haven't opened up the P2 yet, but is there an AUX power lead to attach to internally for the Gimbel like there is on the P1, or am I going to have to tap into the main power connections on the main board?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel