GoPro bracket for H3-3D on P2

Reaction score
I picked up this (http://www.shapeways.com/model/1644897/ ... d=17226227) bracket and only after I lost it yesterday and went to re-order it did I realize it isnt quite meant for the H3-3D Gimbal. It explains the moaning my gimbal did at start up with this attached...Looking for something that will work in it's place (correctly). I have a couple of pretty thick rubber bands that I used prior to get the bracket, initially, but wasn't sure if anything else was on the market yet OR if you guys had other ideas. Using the stock screw on/off one just isn't feasible given the amount of GoPro work I do OFF of the P2. Thanks.

I have that same bracket, a H3-3D and a gopro black... I don't see why you think it doesn't work? did it not FIT or just because of the gimbal complaining noise?

QYV said:
I have that same bracket, a H3-3D and a gopro black... I don't see why you think it doesn't work? did it not FIT or just because of the gimbal complaining noise?

The description for that product actually states , "Screwless bracket for the Gopro Zenmuse H3 2D. For H3 3D there will be a separate version soon!"

I'm curious as to why it works for one person's H3-3D and not for another person's.

The problem with the bracket on an H3-3D is the tolerances aren't as tight as on an H3-2D and it gives the camera just a tiny bit of wiggle room, enough to sometimes piss off the gimbal.

I'm guessing that those who have used it on H3-3D's successfully might be using the earlier version with the Hero port on the back (or swapped one out from an H3-2D), which holds the camera in more snug.

I've read that the fix for that bracket is just to put some padding on the inside when using with an H3-3D, like the soft side of some Velcro. I have the bracket but haven't tested that workaround yet (I just tossed it in my spares box when the gimbal reacted badly at first).

I purchased one of these but Shapeways now says there is a 3 week "equipment relocation" delay on top of the already 2 weeks to manufacture. Anyone know where else this could be picked up?

Google is just leading me to Shapeways.

scubari said:
I have one of these. Its good to have when i transport p2 in backpack. Its a little bit too loose,, but good anyway :)

I see there is a prototype for the V2 gimbal. Since I cann't find something like this on google I'll go ahead and order and just have to suck up the 3 week extra wait period.

I'd also like to pick this up for travel and requested if they can make it in a high visibility color as a reminder to remove it before flight.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2292472/zenmuse-travel-clip.html?materialId=6

The bracket on my H3-3D that holds the camera snapped on one end. Even epoxy only held it for one flight before it snapped in the same spot, and the other end is cracked as well.

In the meantime I have elastic bands holding my GoPro 3 secure(?) while waiting for a new bracket to ship from China.
Are there any other options?

I don't know about you guys but my gopro fits VERY snugly in the H3-3D plate even on it's own, I've actually flown (accidentally) without any kind of bracket and it was ok.
Point being as a temporary solution a few elastic bands holding it in place should be fine.

Are there bracket options currently available that are screw free?

I would also love a permanent option that doesn't require the screws.

QYV said:
GoodnNuff said:
Are there bracket options currently available that are screw free?

I would also love a permanent option that doesn't require the screws.

what, like the one in the original post? :)

The guy makes a specific H3-3D version now also http://www.shapeways.com/model/2224302/ ... erialId=62

Why yes, just like the one in the original post which apparently doesn't fit the H3-3D!

Lol, so thanks for the link to a solution to my gimbal, that is what I was looking for.

ddublu said:
Doesn't look like it would work without a GoPro in it unless I'm missing something.

Just to clarify, Its meant for use with a GoPro to stop the GoPro flopping around everywhere when carrrying around, or transporting your Phantom. Although it can be used, its not really meant to be used without a GoPro. Hope that helps ?.

walexx said:
ddublu said:
Doesn't look like it would work without a GoPro in it unless I'm missing something.

Just to clarify, Its meant for use with a GoPro to stop the GoPro flopping around everywhere when carrrying around, or transporting your Phantom. Although it can be used, its not really meant to be used without a GoPro. Hope that helps ?.

Yep...understood...I must be one of the few that sometimes travel without my GoPro attached to the gimbal. I picked up the other one and will report back on its success.

This one is for H3-3D which I just ordered. I don't have it yet so I can't comment on how good it is
http://www.shapeways.com/model/2224302/ ... h3-3d.html

If you want the bracket to hold it in place for travel someone mentioned that is different. You would be looking for this.
http://www.extremeuas.com/products/phan ... el-bracket
I do have that bracket and it does work well. It's really snug when you take it off. I probably will just use it during plane or extended travel. I don't put this on all the time.

I just received the shapeways H3-3d bracket and it is pretty sweet and convenient. I tested the gimbal with the bird on and everything seems normal. I only bought this because the original broke, I was able to superglue it and its been fine but this one is super easy to remove the camera and it just looks so cool
http://www.shapeways.com/model/2224302/ ... erialId=62

QYV said:
I don't know about you guys but my gopro fits VERY snugly in the H3-3D plate even on it's own, I've actually flown (accidentally) without any kind of bracket and it was ok.
Point being as a temporary solution a few elastic bands holding it in place should be fine.

+1

For me the elastic bands are a permanent solution, change them from time to time as they get worn. I really dont care what it looks like, it works! :mrgreen:

Ok, had to take it off unfortunately :( The gimbal was making all sorts of noises on start up and movements we're a little erratic. Put the old, broken, super glued one back on and no problems at all...guess superglue and not tightening it too much is the way to go.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl