GoPro 3

Reaction score
If I understand all that has been stated about GoPro 3's, if I do not use a gimbal, attach the camera to the body of the quadcopter, and, use my iPhone with the GoPro app, the same as I now use my FC 40 and the DJI app. Am I correct in assuming there is no problem concerning frequencies of the camera and the phantom? Thank you very much for answering this very basic question.

Forget the GoPro for WiFi FPV. The range is in the tens of feet so is absolutely useless.

i get about 70-80 metres with a samsung s4, i normally fly in very rural locations but yes you do lose connection as soon as you gain some height, others on here claim various tablets offer longer wifi range not sure if that helps

wattage said:
Forget the GoPro for WiFi FPV. The range is in the tens of feet so is absolutely useless.
You mean that the FC40 camera's wifi range is better than the GoPro's3???

it's also very depending on the device you use.
The wifi on the Samsung Galaxy S3 isREALLY good. I get almost 200 meters with it with the standard FC40 camera,
Might get more, but this is where it starts to slow down (the connection)

I mean the wifi range of the FC40 camera in comparison to the wifi range of the Gopro3+ camera!

sikspy said:
I mean the wifi range of the FC40 camera in comparison to the wifi range of the Gopro3+ camera!

The wifi range of the GoPro will not allow a consistent video stream beyond about 20 feet whereas the FC-40 camera will go several hundred feet. Even then the FC-40 gets horribly jerky at any distance, even more so when record is engaged.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl