Goodluckbuy Gimbal Questions-HELP!!!!!!

Stingray said:
I have the exact gimbal from Goodluck buy. for 2 weeks now. I have all the same issue. Even try swapping to roll and it also went Wacky on me! I can't get the pitch to work either.

Stingray, same exact issues? Pitch side pins not doing anything either? Can you get it to roll like I can?
It seems like something is reversed somewhere, why roll will work but pitch isn't is killing me.

More observations:
When connected to Naza F2 (pitch) bottom pin and connected to A1 on Roll pins I can adjust the center line using the Naza program. I can do the same using Naza F1 (roll) bottom pin to A1, it also did not matter what hz setting was using. Unfortunately I cannot replicate this using the A0 Pitch pin.
Does anyone know of a way to swap Roll and Pitch on the board or using the Naza program? I've tried swapping the plugs on the board but it just makes the gimbal act crazy. There must be a way to reverse the two so roll becomes pitch.

T8terTotz , I have the exact same issue. I haven't try messing with it for about 3 days now. It work fine just hooking straight to
the battery. But once I connect the black and white wire and vice versa. I get nothing. I thought they got the Pitch and Roll
backward so I try plugging it to the roll. It started to just go crazy and would not center itself. I test it again with only the
battery power and everything is normal. Just no Pitch. I haven't try to do the roll yet. Gonna mess with it tomorrow. It's driving me crazy too! Pitch is important to me while using my fatshark.

Hooked up yesterday. Same exact board as you show. Gimbal works great EXCEPT for pitch. Same issue, exactly as you described. I imagine this is a software issue and that is going to be a deep, deep dive to upgrade the firmware and tweak it to work. Especially with no support.

I thought this purchase was a safe(r) bet as some had reported success with the GLB gimbal. Turns out the success stories appear to be for models with different control boards.

do you know what firmware is installed on it currently?

is it the opensource firmware or is it the hacked alexmos simpleBGC ? with the simpleBGC firmware, you can swap roll/pitch control through the GUI which should solve your problem

tomtnt said:
do you know what firmware is installed on it currently?

is it the opensource firmware or is it the hacked alexmos simpleBGC ? with the simpleBGC firmware, you can swap roll/pitch control through the GUI which should solve your problem

You know, I don't. There was a warning included with the gimbal that specifically warned DO NOT upgrade the installed 1.x firmware. Given that and the problems people are having here and in other forums, I elected to return for a refund and look at the Arris, Tarot, or XPG. I paid $25 more to buy from a US eBayer just in case this happened.

At least now my machine is all set with power, 7th channel connection, and pitch control.

My gimbal just arrived from goodluckbuy. Seems they have updated the firmware to alexmos 2.2b

If you run simplebgc v2.2b GUI (google it), you will be able to access the settings to assign pitch control to the roll pins. Like you, my pitch pins also do not work for controlling roll.

Gimbal works great. Even has a tiny push button you can assign a function to

tomtnt said:
My gimbal just arrived from goodluckbuy. Seems they have updated the firmware to alexmos 2.2b

If you run simplebgc v2.2b GUI (google it), you will be able to access the settings to assign pitch control to the roll pins. Like you, my pitch pins also do not work for controlling roll.

Does anyone have the original settings in SimpleBGC for this gimbal? SPecifically, the Basis configuration screen? (PID Controller / Motor Configuration)

I messed my settings up:( and hitting 'Use Defaults' downloaded values that I don't recognize as being correct.

Thanks,
-mark

diomark said:
tomtnt said:

Does anyone have the original settings in SimpleBGC for this gimbal? SPecifically, the Basis configuration screen? (PID Controller / Motor Configuration)

I messed my settings up:( and hitting 'Use Defaults' downloaded values that I don't recognize as being correct.

Thanks,
-mark

Nevermind - found it.

If anyone else needs it, the original settings are in the screenshot at the bottom of this PDF -

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/images/detai ... 20gimbal(1).pdf

(url is getting missed up - here it is again)
Code:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/images/detailed_images2/file/Manual%20for%20gimbal(1).pdf

I received my Goodluckbuy Gimbal yesterday after along wait. It is a 99701. I took it out of the box, put my Hero 3 in it. Pluged it into my Phantom battery. It started to move around but absolutely not in a correct way. It kept shaking until I unpaged it after about 2 min. Something made it not work correct. I saw that the "stabilizing chip" is place on top of the GoPro holder. Since I always has seen it under. I double checked that I had not put things upside down, but it was very clear that I had not done so. OK, I decided to try again and connect it to the Phantom battery again and it "poped" right away (the chip burned). So I guess my only options it to throw this Gimbal in the trash and look for a better brand. Any suggestions?
Martin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan