Goodluckbuy Gimbal Questions-HELP!!!!!!

Reaction score
So, I just got my GoogLuckBuy gimbal and I have a few questions...
1. After mounting the unit and connecting it to the battery it starts up and levels out. When I move the Phantom the gimbal moves but sometimes it jiggles and stutters. How can I fix this?
2. It did not come with a manual or software, do I need it or is it plug n play?
3. Do I plug it directly into the battery or jump it into the extra wiring off the landing leg?
4. It came with a small length of cable about 6 inches long, female ends, 2 wires (black &white) 3 slots, only the 2 outer slots are wired, the center is not. What is this for?
5. What do I need to control the pitch of the gimbal while in flight?

Re: Goodluckbuy Gimbal Questions

T8terTotz said:
1. After mounting the unit and connecting it to the battery it starts up and levels out. When I move the Phantom the gimbal moves but sometimes it jiggles and stutters. How can I fix this?
2. It did not come with a manual or software, do I need it or is it plug n play?
3. Do I plug it directly into the battery or jump it into the extra wiring off the landing leg?
4. It came with a small length of cable about 6 inches long, female ends, 2 wires (black &white) 3 slots, only the 2 outer slots are wired, the center is not. What is this for?

1. make sure your GoPro is well balanced and all the settings are correct (when you connect to a computer)
2. yes, you'll want to get software for it, such as SimpleBGC (google it), there's also some support sites online for people using those gimbals (including a thread on here I believe)
3. connect to the aux power, that's what it's there for!
4. no clue, .that's where good-luck applies. (see what others have done).
5. you'll have to figure out what pin-out on the gimbal control board control pitch.- and then hook that up to the F2 signal-out of the NAZA.

Did you have the camera installed? Mine did that too until I mounted the go pro. It's setup to deal with the weight, without it it will freak out

Loppy said:
Did you have the camera installed? Mine did that too until I mounted the go pro. It's setup to deal with the weight, without it it will freak out

I'm using a gopro hero 2, not the newest one (black). I wonder if that might be throwing it off, I know the 2 is bigger and heavier than the newest one. I ordered the one for the gopro hero 2 but maybe they sent the wrong one, the hole in the plastic strap that goes over the lens is bigger than the lens on my gopro.

Gizmo3000 said:
T8terTotz said:

1. make sure your GoPro is well balanced and all the settings are correct (when you connect to a computer)
2. yes, you'll want to get software for it, such as SimpleBGC (google it), there's also some support sites online for people using those gimbals (including a thread on here I believe)
3. connect to the aux power, that's what it's there for!
4. no clue, .that's where good-luck applies. (see what others have done).
5. you'll have to figure out what pin-out on the gimbal control board control pitch.- and then hook that up to the F2 signal-out of the NAZA.

BY "well balanced" do you mean strapped on tightly and pushed all the way to the support arm?

T8terTotz said:

Answering your question in point 4.)

That wires allow tilt (pitch) control from TX. Use the "white" wire to bottom pin in F2 conector in Naza FC for till control. The other wire is ground (GND) and if you power your gimbal with phantom battery, it is not required but if you want, just connnect as is in F2 pin botton is signal (white wire).
In addition you have to add a knob accesory for moving potentiometer in yor TX for tilt control.
Here you can a simple good option:
https://www.shapeways.com/model/1082710/x1-pitch-control-lever.html?li=search-results&materialId=6

T8terTotz said:
BY "well balanced" do you mean strapped on tightly and pushed all the way to the support arm?

no, (but having it strapped on tightly is ideal)

google "balanced gopro gimbal" and watch the videos
or this one
http://vimeo.com/59103463

you don't want the gimbal to be out of balance to the point where it's always trying to correct a weight imbalance.

Should the pitch the control wire have 3 wires or two? Mine only has two. Where on the control board does it connect to? I'd upload pics but the forum says the board attachment quota had been reached.

I had bought a Goodluckbuy Gimbal also recently and it did the same thing when I had connected the power. It appears that the problem was that the bottom tilting platform that holds the GoPro was rotated once over. I don't know if that makes sense, but I turned one rotation over and that did the trick where it's now stabilized even without a GoPro mounted on it. Good luck!

T8terTotz said:
Should the pitch the control wire have 3 wires or two? Mine only has two. Where on the control board does it connect to? I'd upload pics but the forum says the board attachment quota had been reached.

Check my answer in this post, is that your board model ? this member got it working...

http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2904

OK, I'm totally stumped at this point and need to get this thing working ASAP. Here are a few shots of the Goodluckbuy boards...
Note in the pic below on the right are 6 pins, 3 for roll, 3 for pitch.
20131001_080153.jpg

This is the underside of the above pick showing the pinout lables, the pitch pins are on the right (AO, VCC, GND)
20131004_135511.jpg

This is the wire supplied along with the gimbal, I'm assuming it is for pitch control capability
20131001_080620.jpg

This is what I have done so far...
1. Connected positive and negative wires from Phantom to gimbal using the extra set of wires in the phantom.
After plugging in the battery the gimbal stabilizes itself and appears to work properly.
2. I have enabled gimbal control in the NAZA software
3. Tried connecting the supplied wire to the Pitch pins on the gimbal board (black to ground and white to AO) and to the NAZA board (black to ground and white to the odd symbol).
4. I do not have a pitch control thingy that goes in the back, I just opened up the transmitter and am using a screwdriver to turn the top yellow pot while everything is connected. This does nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

you're connected to F2 right?

when you turn the back screw with a screwdriver, you should see the info changing within the NAZA.
(I also assume you have the gimbal gains setting set to 0, with manual tilt set to 5 , I think that's what people are using)

the gimbal still works tho, just not manual pitch control?
. you might want to try flipping the black and white connection on the gimbal, make it's signal is on top and not the bottom, or vice versa)

you're connected to F2 right?

Yes, connected to F2 and Pitch on gimbal

when you turn the back screw with a screwdriver, you should see the info changing within the NAZA.
None of the values change when I use the screwdriver on the transmitter, yes I am turning the screw, the values also do not change when I manually tilt the phantom.

(I also assume you have the gimbal gains setting set to 0, with manual tilt set to 5 , I think that's what people are using)
They are now, even after changing them it does not react.

the gimbal still works tho, just not manual pitch control?

Correct, yes, gimbal works, but still no pitch control.

You might want to try flipping the black and white connection on the gimbal, make it's signal is on top and not the bottom, or vice versa

Tried, still nothing.

What should the "Output Frequency" be set at, 50hz, 100hz, 200hz or 400hz?
All I want to do is be able to manually control the pitch-starting to hate this thing.

Here are the current values Naza is set to. Again, when I manually move the phantom while it is connected to the PC and Naza is open, none of the values change. When I turn the pot (pitch screw) on the TX for pitch control, again nothing changes in Naza.
Naza.jpg

HOWEVER
When on this screen the X1 will react when I turn the pitch screw in the TX. What number should that be set at?
Naza+1.jpg

Wire pin A0 from board to bottom F2 in Naza FC.
In Naza Assistant, frequency must set to 400 hz

Dang,

I haven't gotten to this point yet with my Goodluckbuy Gimbal set-up. Waiting for removable power supply cord to be shipped.

All these NAZA controls have me dizzy. Yes, this newbie has fun time ahead dealing with all this NAZA setting stuff.

jumanoc said:
Wire pin A1 or A2 from board to bottom F2 in Naza FC.
In Naza Assistant, frequency must set to 400 hz

OK, I connected the bottom F2 Naza pin to A1 as suggested. There are two A1 pins on the board, one on the left and one on the "Roll Pitch" pins up top, Ai is on the roll side. (See previously posted pics) When connected to either of these I can control roll but not pitch, so A1 must control roll. I've tried connecting to "A0" on the pitch side with no luck, nothing happens, this is the only A0 pin location. I have also tried connecting to A2 as suggested, still nothing.
You would think that if I connect to A1 on the top "Roll Pitch" pins, roll side, and I can control Roll, switching the pin over to A0 in "Roll Pitch" would control pitch but it doesn't. I've also tried moving the Naza pin to the bottom F1 pin thinking something got reversed but that also does nothing.
Another thought was that the motors must be reversed on the control board, so I switched the motors but all that did was make it go wacky and it would not settle in at all so I put them back to their original positions.

I can now only assume that the "AO" pin on the pitch pins is what I need to connect to, especially if the "A1" pin on the roll pins works.
There is a button on the board, anyone know what that is for? Would there be some kind of program I can use to check and see if the pitch side is working or burnt out? The board looks to be a Martinez V2, everything is exactly the same when I compare it to the pics on this site: http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/2-axis-brushless-gimbal-controller.html

Any other thoughts?

I have the exact gimbal from Goodluck buy. for 2 weeks now. I have all the same issue. Even try swapping to roll and it also went Wacky on me! I can't get the pitch to work either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan