Good news if you smashed your gimbal

Reaction score
Looking at the Tali 500 which is coming to town in the next week or so, I went to their spare parts page. They are selling their Walkera G-3D FPV Brushless Gimbal for iLook,iLook+,GoPro Series for $165. I don't know how compatible connectors are, but it looks like the assembly we have on the Phantom. You might be able to repair a crushed gimbal for a lot less than DJI's price of $650

http://www.detoxtaxi.com/Walkera-G-3D-F ... s-G-3D.htm

Looking at the wire layout, it actually seems to be compatible with any standard controller layout (pitch-roll-GND) and standard JST connector for PWR. Good news, thank you for sharing :)
(Picture from Walkeras website)

Attachments

• Walkera 3D gimbal wires.png
    Walkera 3D gimbal wires.png
    282.5 KB · Views: 1,077
Wow , this is HUGE news for all P2V+ owners. If this actually pans out , that'd be awesome. Also , is the gimbal compatible with Go Pro Hero 3?

Well I don't *think* it will be compatible with the FC200/FC500 camera or controller/telemetry without heavy modification. But for a 3D gimbal for iLook, GoPro hero 3(+) and Turnigy action cam, the price is right.

Anybody up for some reverse engineering on the FC200/FC500 telemetry? :)

andersonpaac said:
Wow , this is HUGE news for all P2V+ owners. If this actually pans out , that'd be awesome. Also , is the gimbal compatible with Go Pro Hero 3?

Yes it is

My iPhone headphones has the same 4 pole jack as the P2V, that doesn't mean they can control the gimbal :)

I am not saying that the Walkera gimbal won't work with the P2V+ out of the box, all I am saying is, you can't just assume that it will :)

DKDarkness said:
My iPhone headphones has the same 4 pole jack as the P2V, that doesn't mean they can control the gimbal :)

I am not saying that the Walkera gimbal won't work with the P2V+ out of the box, all I am saying is, you can't just assume that it will :)
If someone broke their gimbal they should definitely open a new thread and document their experience

DKDarkness said:

There are 2 types of people on this forum. The majority are noobs like me who know a lot about P2V+, but very little about building a quad. The other type are the guys who have been building quads from scratch without a manual for a few years now. They go and buy the separate components and just put them together. That person could say to us, "That is just the standard jack or the standard mounting plate", or whatever else there is to know. That's who I wish could throw in their 2 cents about this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl