Going Back To FW 1.3 In Steps?

Reaction score
I know you can only flash back 1 version. BUT, after that, can you go back to the previous FW, IE: 1.5 to 1.4 to 1.3?

Tried to get an answer many times on RCG but silence even from Blade.

thx

bob

I know you can only flash back 1 version. BUT, after that, can you go back to the previous FW, IE: 1.5 to 1.4 to 1.3?

Tried to get an answer many times on RCG but silence even from Blade.

thx

bob
He probably didn't answer because it has been asked and answered so often. No, you can only go back to one prior to the highest you have previously installed. Example is if you have been as high as 1.5, you can only go back to 1.4, but if 1.4 has been your highest you can go back to 1.3.

Reactions: JoBe
Too bad there isn't a hack to restore P3 and controller back to factory. Mine was WORKING FLAWLESSLY until recent updates. I went back to 1.4 but still having major range and video freezing dropouts. I think it was the in-between controller update that did me in!

bob

Too bad there isn't a hack to restore P3 and controller back to factory. Mine was WORKING FLAWLESSLY until recent updates. I went back to 1.4 but still having major range and video freezing dropouts. I think it was the in-between controller update that did me in!

bob
Such a hack is the dream of several on here who would love nothing more than to go back to prior versions. One member here has asked for someone to PLEASE leak out or write and post such a hack after they tried and failed with the hacks that did exist in the past with older FW.

As always however, the majority have no issues. Still, some of those who do have issues really want to go further back than allowed by normal means.

Last edited:
Such a hack is the dream of several on here who would love nothing more than to go back to prior versions. One member here has asked for someone to PLEASE leak out or write and post such a hack after they tried and failed with the hacks that did exist in the past with older FW.

As always however, the majority have no issues. Still, some of those who do have issues really want to go further back than allowed by normal means.
OK then, as I have asked on my own separate post, what is the benefit of going back to 1.3? I currently have one that still on 1.3 but I've never used 1.3 so why might I keep it there

OK then, as I have asked on my own separate post, what is the benefit of going back to 1.3? I currently have one that still on 1.3 but I've never used 1.3 so why might I keep it there
I can only generalize based on the many related threads until those who are having the issues reply with their specific scenarios. From what I recall, many went to 1.4 to get the new intelligent flight mode features. Once on 1.4, some users experienced the widely reported "no video" issue. Some went back to 1.3, while others waited for 1.5 in hopes it would be corrected for them. Once 1.5 was released, it didn't always fix the no video issue and also introduced issues like vibrations, etc. Now they were stuck with only a clear path back to 1.4 and no longer able to go back to 1.3 which they have said was the last very stable version, though many with issues have stated they just want 1.19 back.

Again, as I said I am only generalizing based on reading threads here every day. Everyone has their own story. Most have no issues at all. As you can see in my signature, I am 1.5.3 and have not yet updated to 1.6 but will soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl