go pro hero 3 VS vision plus camera

I think that most will tell you the Hero 3 will be better... But I'd also suggest that we all take a moment to consider the user's specific needs.

For instance, if the one and only concern is around initial picture quality without performing any edits, then I'd say that the Hero 3 wins hands-down. But that's only one aspect to look at here. When using a GoPro on a Phantom 2, you'll lose the ability to control various camera settings while in the air (like ISO, white balance, etc.). You'll also lose the ability to control exactly when a picture is taken. For some (myself included) some of these features may be worth the trade-off in initial picture quality and additional time spent "fiddling" with photos to get them "just right". It's a matter of personal preference.

If, however, your intent is primarily to use the platform for video quality, I'd probably tell you to go with the Hero 3 setup "hands down". The Vision+ is a great RTF platform if your focus is on aerial photography, but it's not nearly as good as a Hero 3 (or Hero3+) when it comes to video.

So, at the end of the day, I think it all comes down to priorities, trade-offs, and compromises, mixed with primary intended use.

CRankin said:
I think that most will tell you the Hero 3 will be better... But I'd also suggest that we all take a moment to consider the user's specific needs.

For instance, if the one and only concern is around initial picture quality without performing any edits, then I'd say that the Hero 3 wins hands-down. But that's only one aspect to look at here. When using a GoPro on a Phantom 2, you'll lose the ability to control various camera settings while in the air (like ISO, white balance, etc.). You'll also lose the ability to control exactly when a picture is taken. For some (myself included) some of these features may be worth the trade-off in initial picture quality and additional time spent "fiddling" with photos to get them "just right". It's a matter of personal preference.

If, however, your intent is primarily to use the platform for video quality, I'd probably tell you to go with the Hero 3 setup "hands down". The Vision+ is a great RTF platform if your focus is on aerial photography, but it's not nearly as good as a Hero 3 (or Hero3+) when it comes to video.

So, at the end of the day, I think it all comes down to priorities, trade-offs, and compromises, mixed with primary intended use.

Hit the nail right on the head.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18