GO app fully compatible with ios10?

i've been using the iOS10 beta for about a month now, never had any problems with DJI Go app, or Litchi app. Everything has worked perfectly.

I have flown 5 times with the beta of ios 10 with a ipad air 2 and the iPhone 6s+, no problems to report, I've not flown with the final release ( though I do have it) as of yet. I've not seen any issues with it.

Have been using the DJI Go app and Litchi(beta) since iOS 10 beta 2. Never had either app crash once.

I just upgraded my iPad Pro to iOS 10.

I haven't flown yet, but DJI Go and Litchi both start up and run normally, so I don't think there will be any problems.

I've just upgraded my flight iPad mini 2 to iOS 10.0.2 from 9.3.2 and the GO app no longer works at all.

On launching the app it just locks up and does nothing. After quitting the app and relaunching it just crashes and dumps back to the home screen.

I've tried connecting with my other iPad and iPhone, both running iOS 9.3.2, and the app works fine and connects to my P3P with no issues.

I've logged a ticket with DJI but haven't heard back yet.

I've just upgraded my flight iPad mini 2 to iOS 10.0.2 from 9.3.2 and the GO app no longer works at all.

On launching the app it just locks up and does nothing. After quitting the app and relaunching it just crashes and dumps back to the home screen.

I've tried connecting with my other iPad and iPhone, both running iOS 9.3.2, and the app works fine and connects to my P3P with no issues.

I've logged a ticket with DJI but haven't heard back yet.
I've just heard back from DJI support. Not much help. They don't have a solution at the moment.

They did make an interesting comment though that they only recommend iOS 9.x to be used with the GO app 3.0.0 as they are still 'testing' iOS 10. I haven't seen this stated anywhere by DJI and they could not tell me when it would be out of 'testing'

With everything updated to the latest and greatest software in my P4 and iPad Mini 4, I had my first incident where Go quit mid flight. I instantly restarted Go, and continued the flight. Also during that same flight, my Mini's screen momentarily went from color to black and white. I rebooted my Mini, and when I flew the next day, Go continued through the entire over 30,000' flight, but I saw that black and white screen happen again at least once.

I will fly again tomorrow and try to more closely document any further problems if they happen.

Hi ftttu, you got possibly similar configuration as me if 10.0.2 and DJI GO 3.0, please can you try the following;

Both RC and craft connected, in camera settings enable Grid lines. Then go to DJI (top left DJI word), then back to normal screen: is the grid still displayed?

And if you press C1 button do you ger the annoying pop up messages?

C2 button + right wheel no more available to adjust camera horizon?

There is more issues than this, here just to compare a couple. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi ftttu, you got possibly similar configuration as me if 10.0.2 and DJI GO 3.0, please can you try the following;

Both RC and craft connected, in camera settings enable Grid lines. Then go to DJI (top left DJI word), then back to normal screen: is the grid still displayed?

And if you press C1 button do you ger the annoying pop up messages?

C2 button + right wheel no more available to adjust camera horizon?

There is more issues than this, here just to compare a couple. Thanks in advance!

I just got back from flying, and all of the above you stated, mine does also. I don't like losing my gimbal adjustment so I will have to search for a solution if there is one. I don't like losing my grid lines, and that pop up is annoying. I wonder why DJI messed will all of that. Possibly having to do with Mavic compatibility?

Thanks ftttu, much appreciated.

Yeah ie introducing new fonts must have to do with Mavic using small phones. Also looks like there is regression issues maybe dues to lack of testing and under pressure from head dept wanting to put Mavic on the market as soon as possible.

On my views it's a pitty the app is not so good as the craft at this time.

There is no perfect software and customer always complain while most of the functionnalities are working as expected. We would however appreciate more polishing and regression testing to gain more confidence, essential with flying objects and security reasons. Ie being disturbed with unexpected pop-up message or app crashing is not good while flying.

All that being said looking for improvements and fixes as I/we love DJI products innovation, let's be very clear.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl