Well, today was supposed to be a great day. I was finally able to scratch up enough cash and purchase my first gimbal...the Stella. I've been flying my 1.1.1 for about 8 months now, and have had a relatively trouble-free experience, however this was my first real RC purchase. There have been hiccups along the way, but overall good. Installing a Stella is not super easy, and there really is no where to get the info...I've been looking everywhere for a while now in preparation. So I gave it a go myself. Soldered the power cable to a relay to one of the motors. All seemed to power up fine. Ran the pitch cable to F2, and the gopro instantly pitches straight down upon power up. Not sure what that problem is, as the tilt lever doesn't affect it...regardless, I was heading towards troubleshooting this, when I decided to put everything back together. In my haste, I figured I didn't need to put my prop guards back on as I simply was going to test things out and troubleshoot the pitch. So I screwed everything back into place...well here is the hell of it...I screwed the screws that came with the prop guards not realizing they would damage the motors. Once I powered up, all the motors just stuttered. I assumed it was bad soldering on my part, but nope..a quick search here confirmed I had killed all 4 of my motors. I understand this is a newb mistake, but I honestly had no idea there would be anything wrong with using those screws. Didn't think for a sec that I had to go back in to my now 8-month old memory bank to remember I used longer screws that came with the prop guards. Anyhow, instead of enjoying my Stella today after long months of waiting and saving....I have a Blackhawk down...and now must wait and save for new motors that I will have to solder in....sigh. Oh well, I guess that's what makes this a hobby...learn as you go, and don't make the same mistakes twice. Sure seems dumb though for the design of the motors...but I also guess in this case...I'm just stupid.